Discussion for watches in Phase 1 Training

OK,
Got money to burn for a timepiece? Royal Signals issue EMP proof with covert operation switch (It stops it chiming), £700. No watch strap.
View attachment 397773
I was at 14 Sqn RCT at HQ 1(BR) Corps when Granby kicked off. Our troop had around 70 BSV's (Boxed Staff Vehicles - essentially offices on wheels) all fitted with those clocks. These BSV's were almost all lent out to other units.
When they were returned pretty much all of them came back sans clocks (ours were Smiths IIRC).
Cue a signal going out for their immediate return with the provisio nothing more would be said if they were delivered promptly.
This apparently narked one CO who had had his presented to him mounted on a nice wooden wooden plaque with brass plate by his HQ staff.

I was at 14 Sqn RCT at HQ 1(BR) Corps when Granby kicked off. Our troop had around 70 BSV's (Boxed Staff Vehicles - essentially offices on wheels) all fitted with those clocks. These BSV's were almost all lent out to other units.
When they were returned pretty much all of them came back sans clocks (ours were Smiths IIRC).
Cue a signal going out for their immediate return with the provisio nothing more would be said if they were delivered promptly.
This apparently narked one CO who had had his presented to him mounted on a nice wooden wooden plaque with brass plate by his HQ staff.
I claim the Fifth.

Latest Threads