Discussion for watches in Phase 1 Training

Any recommendations for good waterproof watches to get for Phase 1 and maybe keep for Phase 2 onwards? Joining next week and last thing to get is a watch!

I would just get 2x simple £20 casio jobs. An alarm and waterproof to 50 metres or so is more than enough. I had one that went through 2 years of mud and ditch water without a problem. When you break it, just use the other one. £100 is a lot of money for a watch you will probably break at some point. Just my opinion, but you did ask...

I wouldn't spend £100 for a watch to use through training. Due to the nature of the day to day training there's a higher chance of it being damaged, stolen or misplaced.

You do want a decent watch that is robust so nothing wrong with a digital Casio but keep your budget to around £20-30.

Mine cost £25 and was absolutely brilliant until got nicked from the gym at DST!

ugly

LE
Remember nothing is squaddie proof, if you dont break it some git will pinch it.

I have used iron man triathlon watches.

under your budget rugged and lots of useful features.

my current watch is (possibly) 12years old. Maybe more.

two timezones (one is always ZULU but I was in comms) stop watch, timer, 5x alarms. Indigo light up.

cut the plastic strap off and replace with a webbing one. Free from your cqms/sqms or £10 from amazon. That way of a watch pin goes you don't lose your whole watch - potentially.

Any recommendations for good waterproof watches to get for Phase 1 and maybe keep for Phase 2 onwards? Joining next week and last thing to get is a watch!
G-shock.
CLOSE THE THREAD

You have two options, digital or analogue.
Digital is cheap as chips and has an alarm. Casio G-Shock (various models) or F91-W or the new version of the F91 are probably your best bets.
The down side of digital is synchronization of time if you do not know the watches functions well.

Analogue watches, like the one mentioned above are easier to synchronise, easy to read and have day/date complications.

Don't spend a lot on a watch that will take a beating or nicked.

Save your beer tokens for a grail watch like Rolex or Omega etc.

Good luck!

I have one of these (buggers, I paid a whole £15 for mine)

Buy Casio Men's Rotating Count Up Bezel Black Resin Strap Watch | Men's watches | Argos

Water resistant to 100 metres. I bought it cos we're currently rewiring a whole building for CAT 6, and I don't want to mangle either my Samsung Smartwatch or the stupid-expensive Breitling that the missus bought me.

The Casio is nice and light, and an old, myopic duffer like me can read it easily.

Latest Threads