Discrimination against mingers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by weekend_worrier, Sep 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fellow ARRSErs, I may have mistaken this for a spoof, but I think I've found more proof that possession of a PhD does not prevent you from being a complete fuckwit. I give you Daniel S. Hamermesh, author of 'Beauty Pays'.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/28/opinion/sunday/ugly-you-may-have-a-case.html?_r=2

Hamermesh states that being fugly is a social injustice that needs to be rectified - in his words, 'why not offer legal
    protections to the ugly, as we do with racial, ethnic and religious minorities, women and handicapped individuals?'

Now, first off, I'm not sure ugliness is a bar to advancement. One only needs to look at the crocodilohippopigs who end up in politics, not only the hideously misnamed 'Blair babes', but also the likes of John Prescott. Look at the media (Polly Toynbee) and sport (Rio Ferdinand, Ronaldinho etc). Plenty of people there with faces like smacked arses.

But assuming that Hamermesh manages to get his 'rights for pigs and dogs' proposal off the ground, how exactly is this going to work?
    Will it be a legal requirement to watch scruff movies where all the cast (male and female) look like Ron Jeremy?
    If you try and order yourself a mail-order bride, are the authorities going to charge you if you pick a 20 year-old Filipina babe rather than some 50 year-old harridan from Rotherham who has 'a lovely personality'?
    If you end up in a lap-dancing bar, are you going to discover that the lithe Hungarian with the 'come hither' eyes - and the tits you'd slaughter an orphanage to
    play with - has been replaced by something that looks like it should be hanging off the end of a Japanese fishing boat with
    a harpoon in its gut?

I'm starting to get worried. I think a future in which mingers can sue you for discrimination is going to be hell on earth.

2. Goodlooks dont matter a fuck. Some of my most memorable female abusers have been complete fat munters who make your mother look sexy.

3. Hear him out. This time next year we'll be millionaires...

4. I like the cut of your jib sir.

5. Let's not be too hasty. I look forward to the day when I can proposition Angelina Jolie and either get a massive payoff for discrimination or some of the finest angry-and-disturbed sex on the plant.