Discovery 2 inch lift

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by wedge_cadman, Mar 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Ok I've just put a 2inch lift on my disco. I have yet to replace the shockers.

Do I need a plus 2 shock or will a normal or plus 1 suffice?

Also it's a V8 which is lighter on the front than a diesel. The removed springs are very springy with less helix than the plus 2s therefore I assume the new ones will give me a more rigid ride. Will my headlight beams now be out of alignment? My disco is level now where there was a slight dip at the front before.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using the ARRSE application. No excuse for fat fingers. Learn to spell.

2. No mate, they've probably worked out for themselves that you've altered the axis of the car and adjusted themselves accordingly, in order to meet MOT test standards.

3. Seriously think about fitting +2 castor corrected radius arms and trailing arms.

Search QT Services, they are the best kit to get hold of.

If you don't, your wagons handling could be seriously compromised, it could end up like driving a bowl of trifle.....

4. wedge_cadman

I was under the impression 2" was the max without changing the radius arms.
    Its a 96 plate v8 so none of that posh auto adjusting headlights ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using the ARRSE application. No excuse for fat fingers. Learn to spell.

5. I'd get the corrected arms, they make a BIG difference to the way your wagon will handle.

However, if you find it ok for you, good news!

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You'll find the headlights quite easy to adjust if you gently tap the bottom edge of them with a 14lb hammer to adjust them to tilt downwards to allow for the rise.

Do us a favour and post photos after!

7. Snigger!
    I was told at my MOT station the other day that as long as the lights work it don't matter where they're pointing. True or false?
    BTW the P6 failed on rear brake pads, (done) and inop: main/dip headlight unit. That's the 5 3/4" three pin unit. Can I find one? Can I buggery, Inc: fleabay. Anyone got one in the sh*d?

8. wedge_cadman

Have you tried Paddock Spares? Give them a call they cater for all models.

- Electrics

there should be some common parts with it being a rover