Discounts with your ID card..

In Europe its terrible. Mate of mine just got back from the US and reckoned on 4 days r and r he saved himself in the region of a Grand (£) by asking for Forces discount, including Gratis entry to the sealife centre (LA I think?).

He also barely bought himself a coffee or meal when in Uniform.

Was swamped by Yanks thanking him for his service. Shameful over here innit?

I got called a tosser for free once, does that count?

Best thing to do is ask everywhere. I always ask in cinemas, attractions etc and always get a discount. If you don't ask you don't get!

A prostitute if I remember correctly took the cherry of a rather young 22 year old MDN when he held up his ID card in Minden. She was in her 50s methinks.

whosthedaddy said:
Best thing to do is ask everywhere. I always ask in cinemas, attractions etc and always get a discount. If you don't ask you don't get!
Same here, always ask

Pizza hut is another one, 20% off

HMV, Game and Burton give a 10% discount if you show your I.D. card. The discount in Game is only for Consoles though, not the games.

TM Lewin or Hawes and Curtis 10% Corporate discount and that is on top of any sales on at the time!

Concur with the USA as well I got best seats in teh house for a Broadway show at crap seat prices (over 50% discount) just by asking about a forces discount - don't ask don't get. But don't be afraid to ask - you will get 'No' on occasions but no harm in asking (sometimes you get 10% just because the shop assistant does not know and is afraid to ask someone)

Cheers

I'll be expanding the ArmyNET gear pages soon (after AN3 launch) to include a list of those that offer an instore discount (all will be checked before posting) I'll even be asking if they will give it for the veterans lapel badge as well. Any leads greatly received.

FABLONBIFFCHIT said:
A prostitute if I remember correctly took the cherry of a rather young 22 year old MDN when he held up his ID card in Minden. She was in her 50s methinks.
22?????? I left Minden when I was 21 and my cherry had gone a wee while before then.

I've also never paid for sex you shallow cnut :D

'Moto' service stations do a decent discount - makes the food just about bearable to buy!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Zero_Over The NAAFI Bar 13
liverpains Army Reserve 9
bullshit Army Pay, Claims & JPA 5