Discount Flights ??!!

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by poes, Apr 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently trawled all the forces discount regimes out there looking for discount flights. They are the most expensive !!!!!..I was quoted £1250 for a flight from the UK to South Africa !!!...this is with a "forces discount".
    I managed to get it for £667 from Dial a flight online.
  2. Boll*x.....That was my first choice for a family holiday !!!!!! I may try some family fun in Austria next year !!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Try bmi on the Forces Discount site. My flight to Russia was £80 cheaper than BA and also came out cheaper than airoflot. Getting hold of customer services for Virgin & BA can also reap rewards at times but proof of service is required.
  4. Its easy to provide proof of service. I used Virgin to fly to South Africa in February and all I had to do was get my Unit Clerk to fax a headed letter confirming I was a serving soldier with my flight reference number on it.

Went like clockwork. I also saved quite a few hundred pounds on the flight. (I was travelling Upper Class so it still cost a lot, decided to treat myself after returning from Herrick)