Disciplinary for social media post

Long story short. I slagged off having to go on a 3 hour course on facebook in a private facebook message. Unfortunately my line manager saw my message (really must double check who i send my rants off to in a fit of rage before sending them! Message was meant to go to my wife!) the conversation was between myself, my line manager and two civvy friends of ours.

At no point at all did i slag off any particular person or people or compromise anything to do with a security nature. I Just said the course was pretty unhelpful and that it bored me to tears.

Anyhoo after a chewing out ive now been told that this matter is out of my line managers hands and has now gone to my OC.

Can i actually be charged or formally disciplined for this? As it wasnt made public so to speak.

And does an MAA count as formal disciplinery action?

From what you say it all sounds pathetic to me, but the we only have your perspective.

It does sound a little odd but as I read it you meant to send a message to your wife but managed to send it to your line manager and 2 civvie friends?

Using the company computers by any chance?

Yes you can. The New MOD guidelines state that you can be held accountable for your actions on a social networking service if identifiable. So if you are a spineless, gutless, chicken sh1t disgusting p1ece of fcuking coward scum who needs the safety of facebook to hide behind then you are still fcuked and I hope you get cancer

does an MAA count as formal disciplinery action?

It's all recorded for posterity, and is designed to replace the previous informal punishments which may not have been fair or justifiable with often harsher punishments which are probably no more fair or justifiable than previously, but have a nice formalised method of implementation so that it can be shown that an individual is not being treated unfairly, even if he is.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I am surprised that access to social media is allowed via a company computer
my last employer blocked all social media access even things like freecycle

No, MAA is not formal disciplinary action. It is not mentioned in SJAR, or promotion board, and is removed from your 445b after 6 months. However, the MAA punishment is supposed to fit the crime, be late and do extra duty keys etc. I fail to see how you can punish a FB rant in a relevant fashion. I don't think this will survive contact with P1, but if it does it's a minor inconvenience which should have little to no effect on your life.

No, MAA is not formal disciplinary action. It is not mentioned in SJAR, or promotion board, and is removed from your 445b after 6 months. However, the MAA punishment is supposed to fit the crime, be late and do extra duty keys etc. I fail to see how you can punish a FB rant in a relevant fashion. I don't think this will survive contact with P1, but if it does it's a minor inconvenience which should have little to no effect on your life.
Make him write a balanced and equitable critique of the course.
Longhand, on paper.

Oh and between the hours of 3-4am while wearing full 3 romeo.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
If your manager had overheard you on the phone griping about the course would it still be pursued as a disciplinary action?

I think that is the test that should be applied.

I would also suggest you remove all work contacts from fb!

The giveaway is in the OP's avatar. He belongs to a service that just dabbles in management and leadership at all levels, but which loves to play disciplinary games.

Wrong forum. This should be in the 'No Humans Involved' section.

If your manager had overheard you on the phone griping about the course would it still be pursued as a disciplinary action?

I think that is the test that should be applied.

I would also suggest you remove all work contacts from fb!
Dingerr should be along in a minute to give us chapter and verse.

Latest Threads