Discharging due to fitness

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Firthy556, Apr 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard from my afco all of one hour ago that now you take a fitness test when you get to your phase 1 and if you don't hit the requirements you are immediately discharged.

anyone else heard this?

I'm not too confident on how I will fair when I get there.

He said something along the lines of 10.30 1.5 miler, 44push ups in 2 mins and 50 sit ups in 2 mins.
  2. I think 44 pushups is a bit optimistic for a lot of people, even in 2 minutes.
  3. :p
    Hell I'm late forties and I can push twice that out ... get a grip and do some work you lazy young scamp!! :p
  4. That seems ok. Bring it on

To be fair, should be aiming for that for ADSC.
  6. Yeah and lower by the time you reach basic, just dont slack of with training after ADSC improve it.
  7. Fcuk me I can do 44 pressups and I only have one arm !
  8. 21 mins for the 1.5 miles? 8O
  9. Problem being I did ADSC like 9 months ago, Fitness slipped a bit after christmas and hasn't been brilliant since.
  10. It does seem to be the case that the younger ones struggle with push ups more than anything else.
  11. nah... the sit ups .. my run times 11 and a half minutes these days give or take but thats the advantage of geting older.. could walk round and pass heh heh!
  12. Will your CRACKERS :p
  13. I don't know about other ATR's but at ITC Catterick you won't get discharged for failing the initial PFT. A few people failed it in my platoon but everybody passed the mid-course PFT in the platoon. To be honest though if you can't acheive the minimum scores you need to have a look at yourself and ask yourself if you really want to be in the army, because if you do then you'll get your finger out and train hard and get upto standard.
  14. Good to know mate, It may have changed since you did your training though, january right ?

Recruiting officer at my AFCO said it today, obviously if I think I have a high chance of failing it I would rather have a word with him and see what I can do.

14 months of trying to get in hits your enthusiasm I think well at least in my case, let it slip recently, all my own fault just trying to see the most logical path to go forward.
  15. Man up only 14 months , its been 24 for me and counting grit your teeth and tell yourself i will do whatever it takes to achieve my goal. If you cant motivate yourself to get to MINIMUM standards god help you if you join the Army where you'll receive no sympathy.