Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Tring-REME, Feb 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right here is what happened:

I went through selection in June 2010 and passed grade A, only problem was my medical due to the fact i had an operation on my knee in 2005 and a subsequent wash out of the same knee after a flare up..the doctor at selection even had to double check and got a second opinion and i was all fine?!

Got to ATR (B) Bassingbourn on Sunday 20th Feb and had my medical only for me to be discharged for the same reason and it classed as "slipping through the net" which as you can tell isnt the best thing to hear after i gave up my life, family and sold my car etc to join up..i had a hamstring injury 2 months before i came here but managed to get myself back to a standard 9"30 mile ad a half fitness..i have been told i cannot appeal by my section commander?!
    To be fair he has done he can to help!

I have been sent to Scott Platoon in Bassingbourn and told to wait until Tuesday for discharge but if i am honest i dont wanna be here!

I just want advice really please?!
  2. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

You will be out the army in just over a week so so you'll probably just have to suck it up till then, you are not the first and won't be the last this has happened to.
  3. Im not so much bothered about the waiting about just the way i have been messed about matey
  4. There are enough old-knackers in REME with fucked knees.
  5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Contact your Member of Parliament immediately, today, before you are discharged.

TheyWorkForYou.com: Are your MPs and Peers working for you in the UK's Parliament? Hansard++ This website lets you write via the internet to your MP. Your MP is legally obliged to write back to you and will likely get stuck in.

Many on here will tell you that there is nothing that you can do. They are incorrect.

The MOD does not want bad publicity and certainly does not want an MP exposing incompetence.

Either you have "slipped through the net" in which case they have failed in their duty of care to you and have caused you personal financial loss and inconvenience, or they are cutting you for no good reason in which case the same applies.

The army tried a not unrelated stunt with me in 1983 by refusing to give me the trade training I had signed up for. One phone call from my father to our MP and I was on trade training in 2 days and given trade related promotion as well.

Do tell your OC that you are in discussion with your MP, it will strengthen his position in fighting for you. If anyone tells you that you are not permitted to discuss this with your MP then they are lying. Tell your MP about that as well.