DISCHARGED - OPERATIONAL ALLOWANCE - ANYONE HAD IT?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by shiney1, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After the Government announcement that the Operational Allowance would be back dated and payment made before Christmas, me and a couple of the lads who had been out in Iraq for almost a year, thought nice one! Back on civvie street and the more beer tokens the merrier.

But has it turned up yet, has it F***. When you call AFPAA all you get is talk to your unit!, the dumb f***s seem to forget that as a Reservist you don't have a unit! When we've informed them that it is AFPAA that actually are responsible for the processing of the claim they just seem to scratch their a**e!

To this end I'd been grateful to know if anyone who has been discharged, prior to the claim being issued has actually received a payment. Prior to firing up a letter of complaint to the CE, and likely the press as to get some bloody action out of them. :frustrated:

2. Im afraid im in the same boat. I was in afghan when the 'bonus' was announced, then foolishly went on my second tour of iraq after that. Only was i to find out that, because i am (getting out very sharpish) a sponsored reservist that i am not entitled to such payments. Saying this ive heard rumour after rumour that even the paras and commandos who have/are serving in afghan arent going to see a single penny. Funny how the government announce a big payout when lads are getting killed then dont payout when the violence calms down to a degree. Ive set myself on never seeing such money and think it was just a pr stunt to draw attention to something other than the factors that really affect the forces.
    Hopefully i will be proved wrong and that everyone who is entitled to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow will recieve it.

3. Alas,

I have spoke to a few mates who were deployed as part of 16 Air Asslt, they are got theirs at the back end of December, however, as a sponsored reserve you are not entitled as per JSP 752 section 13.

The remainder of the reserve forces who are entitled, are supposed to be getting processed by APFAA/Final Pay Section who appear to be the offending body at this moment.

Sorry Matey.