Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

discharged for drugs

spaz

LE
I was told the kids joining did not need GCSEs in my last Army posting

You were told wrong, although they have dropped the standard.

Screenshot_20170620-234339.png

4 GCSEs, Maths, English and 2 Science Grade A-C. WTF has that got to do with failing CDT?
Let them back after two years? but we lowered to standard to join what do they expect?. How many did you 130 as CFNs?

I think you blagged the English O Level.
or the Wobbly make be taking affect after a 13 hour shift....plus I can not change anything as I am I ROPs

Not in the army they don't, anyone who gets caught on CDT will never ever get a job, they will be a leper to society, their life will be ruined for ever and other such scare stories.
In 2009 a survey (anonymised) was conducted by DPS(A) of all Army recruits at the ATRs, which revealed 87% of them had used (varying between regular and recreational) or experimented with Class A, B and C drugs. Has that metric changed remarkably, highly doubtful.

But its very important, you wont get a job without it. Or so we are told.
You don't even get white paper anymore, it's printed on that environmentally friendly / printer resistant sh*te khaki paper. Or you just ask the Admin Office to send it to you via email, usually an MS Word doc, job done! It's all JPA regurgitated bolleux, so it's never accurate anyways!

Last edited:
Worryingly, I worked with an ex RAF policeman who spoke of aircraft mechanics being caught using drugs, not by CDTs but by their officers and NCOs, and they were given counselling, not their P45.

I only have his word for it, but I have a cynical outlook these days.
The CDT team used to be based in a portacabin in Upavon at the back of the gym, but RN had been getting something of a free ride for some time until 2008 or 2009 it was I think, that an RN ship visiting Chile I believe, was checked 100% by a full team, which did a lock down of the crew in a similar fashion to the way an Army base has CDT applied.

The result was somewhat startling to CNS when around 18 crew members were CDT +ve for Class A, and a search team also discovered a decent stash of coke on board (I have the full notes somewhere in my old workbooks, should doubt be cast). At the time I also recall the lab where the samples go were discovering some interesting substances that weren't even categorised (later being identified as legal highs, which the MOD later banned). Many VSO red faces in Whitehall.

4 GCSEs, Maths, English and 2 Science Grade A-C. WTF has that got to do with failing CDT?
Well, if you are making drugs, a B in Chemistry would be a benefit. (I was unable to find a smilie for Irony)

To listen to the Corbynites defending their Great Father, it is socially acceptable to be a traitor and still rule the country, provided of course that the treason bit was 'over a decade ago'.
It therefore follows that you can write on your application that you have not done smack for two years and can be trusted with others lives and deadly, multi million pound weapons.

There is a perfectly sound reason for having standards, or am I just being old and quaint?

Last edited:
Worryingly, I worked with an ex RAF policeman who spoke of aircraft mechanics being caught using drugs, not by CDTs but by their officers and NCOs, and they were given counselling, not their P45.

I only have his word for it, but I have a cynical outlook these days.

I wasn't there, and have no background in the unit you're talking about, but I'd respectfully suggest you've been fed a line of utter hoop. The officers / NCOs in question - bearing in mind that, in the main we recruit fairly bright people into the RAF - are quite willing to risk their job / career (and other people's lives) over some druggie numb-nut???

I'm not calling you a liar, or saying it DIDN'T happen, but I'd be extremely surprised if it did.......................................

Last edited:
hi I am worried about my son as I know he has been discharged for drug misuse my only question is, is does it come under admin discharge or dishonourable discharge ? its really playing on his mind but most of all mine as I would like to think it wasn't dishonourable! I know he did wrong and he has been punished for it tenfold by myself, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance
PM @Da man Bugsy if he needs any gear.

People would almost seem to think that the message "fail a CDT and don't pass go don't collect 200 US dollars" i.e get an admin discharge and barred from re-entry would drill it in hard enough?

These people are so stupid that they pop pills, why would they understand complex situations and consequent results such as those you describe?

I wasn't there, and have no background in the unit you're talking about, but I'd respectfully suggest you've been fed a line of utter hoop. The officers / NCOs in question - bearing in mind that, in the main we recruit fairly bright people into the RAF - are quite willing to risk their job / career (and other people's lives) over some druggie numb-nut???

I'm not calling you a liar, or saying it DIDN'T happen, but I'd be extremely surpirsed if it did.......................................

ha ha ha aha ah aa a a ....Corrie still missing yeah? ...and on your own website PR une or whatever the feck it is, there some spanner wanting out, talking about the same thing

fairly bright people...hmm? .......dream on mucka, bet your shite don't stink either

Last edited:
The officers / NCOs in question - are quite willing to risk their job / career (and other people's lives) over some druggie numb-nut???
I am certain that their action was absolutely correct and in accordance with the Armed Forces Act 2006 and the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, but one word has a way of overruling the legislation, 'Policy'.
It was my understanding that the airmen were arrested for possession of Class A, B or C controlled drugs, but rather than being weighed off by the unit CO's they instead received counselling.

Is anyone aware of the existence of such stated policy on discipline matters in the RAF?

Well, if you are making drugs, a B in Chemistry would be a benefit. (I was unable to find a smilie for Irony)

To listen to the Corbynites defending their Great Father, it is socially acceptable to be a traitor and still rule the country, provided of course that the treason bit was 'over a decade ago'.
It therefore follows that you can write on your application that you have not done smack for two years and can be trusted with others lives and deadly, multi million pound weapons.

There is a perfectly sound reason for having standards, or am I just being old and quaint?

Shoe horning Jeremy Corbyn into a CDT thread. Genius.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Latest Threads