Discharge & Resettlement Grant

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Stinkerson, May 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, I've done some digging but can't seem to find any clear answer.

If a soldier has served over 12 years, and is about face disciplinary action that will see him discharged from the Army, will he still be entitled to the £9000 Resettlement Grant (he as already terminated service but will not complete the 12 month notice period).

Will have completed just under 13 years service with no non-reckonable service (previous jail time, AWOL, etc.)

Probably will be a court martial hearing but with sentencing only as opposed to the full blown LA Law court drama!

Anyone come across this type of situation before?
  2. I'm having a rummage for you now, but haven't found anything yet - your best bet will be to get in touch with your nearest RRC.

I did - however - find this little snippet:

Which has got nothing to do with your question, but it's something I never knew.
  3. Cheers slug monster!
  4. Hold your thanks!

After a trawl through the "very informative" Intranet, this is the best I can come up with from JSP 534:

TESR (Training, Education, Skills and Resettlement) is apparently a (newly formed) division of DCDS (Pers), so it looks like you will have to go back to the Resettlement Centre and ask them to staff it up.

Sorry I couldn't glean anything else.