Discharge & Resettlement Grant

OK, I've done some digging but can't seem to find any clear answer.

If a soldier has served over 12 years, and is about face disciplinary action that will see him discharged from the Army, will he still be entitled to the £9000 Resettlement Grant (he as already terminated service but will not complete the 12 month notice period).

Will have completed just under 13 years service with no non-reckonable service (previous jail time, AWOL, etc.)

Probably will be a court martial hearing but with sentencing only as opposed to the full blown LA Law court drama!

Anyone come across this type of situation before?

Stinkerson said:
OK, I've done some digging but can't seem to find any clear answer.

If a soldier has served over 12 years, and is about face disciplinary action that will see him discharged from the Army, will he still be entitled to the £9000 Resettlement Grant (he as already terminated service but will not complete the 12 month notice period).

Will have completed just under 13 years service with no non-reckonable service (previous jail time, AWOL, etc.)

Probably will be a court martial hearing but with sentencing only as opposed to the full blown LA Law court drama!

Anyone come across this type of situation before?
I'm having a rummage for you now, but haven't found anything yet - your best bet will be to get in touch with your nearest RRC.

I did - however - find this little snippet:

“While in theatre during the course of this military exercise/operation, service personnel are not to engage in sexual activity with, or otherwise consort with, prostitutes. Breach of this order may result in disciplinary and/or administrative action being taken against personnel or their being returned to their unit”
Which has got nothing to do with your question, but it's something I never knew.

Cheers slug monster!

Stinkerson said:
Cheers slug monster!
Hold your thanks!

After a trawl through the "very informative" Intranet, this is the best I can come up with from JSP 534:

Circumstances not Otherwise Covered

0711. Anything not otherwise covered in this manual should be referred to TESR, through the resettlement chain, for a ruling.
TESR (Training, Education, Skills and Resettlement) is apparently a (newly formed) division of DCDS (Pers), so it looks like you will have to go back to the Resettlement Centre and ask them to staff it up.

Sorry I couldn't glean anything else.