ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

discharge Papers

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by devilsmart303, Jul 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey everyone my discharge papers says QR 1975 Paras 9.371 or 9.379b. What exactly does that mean?

2. Queens Regs 1975 Paragraphs 9.371 or 9.379b

3. 9.371 - "Welcome to the Regular Reserve" :nod:
    9.379b - There should be another reference here for your "Cause of Termination".

4. Well there is also a stamp that say UNSUITABLE FOR ARMY SERVICE"

5. so will that bar me from re-joining?

6. I think it means you are shit.

I'll have fries with that,

7. unsuitable |ˌənˈsoōtəbəl|
    adjective

obsolete : similar, matching
    a: adapted to a use or purpose <unsuitable for kitchen use>
    b: satisfying propriety : proper <unsuitable dress>
    c: able, qualified <an unsuitable candidate for the job>

"Unsuitable for army service" is the highest possible endorsement of your ability to serve. With a discharge like that you should forget the Paras and start thinking about them or late entry at Sandhurst.

8. Mmmmm tricky, it's ambiguous but I reckon they don't mind if you don't come back.

9. The truth is my DOAR window was already closed and my fiance' being pregnant had some issues "bleeding" etc. Being a bit under pressure I went to a welfare officer and explained my situation. She ask me to take some leave but I told her I don't know how long it might take to sought out this problem. She then told me the only other way to get out now was to be UFAS. At the time I didn't care cause I wanted to make sure that my first child was born. So on my discharge papers I got that mark-up of unsuitable for army service.

10. What, with a razor sharp mind like yours I'm suprised they let you go TBH!

11. do think I'll have another chance?

12. Only if you can complete a coherent post...

13. could you shine a little more light on that?

14. I rest my case.

15. I am suprised no one has claimed a WAH, so I do and therefore I claim my crisp new £5 note!!

STLTS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.