discharge papers qr 1975 para 9.405

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by weasle1uk, Apr 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can any one give me info on qr 1975 para 9.405
    it says it on my discharge papers
    i looked at trying to re-enlist and got told no and that that discharge was a unusual one :?

thanks

2. it means

retention undesirable in the interests of the service

not to be offensive but it basically means u are not worth the hassle. what did u do before? pm if u wish.

3. i knew that it was "retention undesirable in the interests of the service
    " but was after abit more detail on the "para 9.405" part.

i would look it up myself but i have not got access to QR

4. This paragraph (QRs Para 9.405) applies to a soldier whose retention in the Service is considered undesirable on account of:

(1) Inefficiency, unsuitability, or

(2) Persistent breaches of discipline insufficient to warrant termination for misconduct under para 9.404, or

(3) Persistent indebtedness which has caused inefficiency or led to indiscipline or to any action by the soldier which has repeatedly brought the Service into disrepute, or

(4) Persistent drunkenness

(5) Racial and sexual harassment or discrimination.

d. The following procedure is to be applied:

(1) The procedures laid down in AGAI 67 are to be applied.

(2) When warning a soldier, a commanding officer is to consider submitting a report in accordance with the Defence Manual of Security JSP 440 Volume II Chapter 18.

(3) If a soldier is absent without leave at the end of the warning period, issued under d(1), then the application for termination may be made up to a maximum of 14 days after the period of absence ends.

(4) If the commanding officer considers that a soldier who has been sentenced by a court-martial to detention on 2 or more occasions is unlikely ever to become a satisfactory soldier, he may apply to the competent military authority for authority to termination the soldier under this paragraph, on completion of sentence. Every such application is to be supported by a statement from the commandant of a military corrective training centre that the soldier is receiving little or no benefit from the military corrective training. The procedures required by sub-para d(1) may be dispensed with in such cases.

Take your pick!

5. cheers "Norfolknchance"

6. I myself was wondering what my code means. It says QR 1975 Paras 9.371 or 9.379b. anybody?

7. Can this be still applied for and be successful if NTT has been given by the soldier?