Discharge Papers, Lost

Hi guys, I need some help here. I have a mate who was in REME and is wanting to rejoin the Army - the only problem is, he's lost his discharge papers, very clever I know, we just need to know how we can get copies?

They are not essential for rejoining. Just go into a Careers office with the approx. dates of leaving and they will send a form to Glasgow. They will respond with the accurate dates from his service record (and whether or not they will accept him back!)
Write to kentigern house, they won't reissue a red book but they will send you a copy of anything that was written in it. Would certainly speed up said persons reapplication.
I saw lots of people get red books when they left and a final testimonial etc.....

I never got a thing, I handed in my ID card and cycled out of the gates!

I have never heard a thing from anybody.

Apart from my PDR, half a dozen medals and a couple of tour Tshirts i have no other evidence of ever serving! i certainly dont have any 'Discharge Papers'

I was told i would get some paperwork informing me of 'Reserve Service' etc, but this has never turned up.

should i chase this up (is it really that important?)
befeater said:
the know were you live!!!! :(
Good spelling. You toilet.

Ask MCM - treacle they will tell you.
Try this number 01412242571. They'll ask you some questions, etc. You send a fax to them with details they've just asked for and your passport photo page. My papers were sent to me 4-5 weeks later (recorded post as well). Quick for the MOD!!!! :eek: Any questions PM me.