Discharge Papers, Lost

Discussion in 'REME' started by Taylor79, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi guys, I need some help here. I have a mate who was in REME and is wanting to rejoin the Army - the only problem is, he's lost his discharge papers, very clever I know, we just need to know how we can get copies?

  2. They are not essential for rejoining. Just go into a Careers office with the approx. dates of leaving and they will send a form to Glasgow. They will respond with the accurate dates from his service record (and whether or not they will accept him back!)
  3. Write to kentigern house, they won't reissue a red book but they will send you a copy of anything that was written in it. Would certainly speed up said persons reapplication.
  4. I saw lots of people get red books when they left and a final testimonial etc.....

    I never got a thing, I handed in my ID card and cycled out of the gates!

    I have never heard a thing from anybody.

    Apart from my PDR, half a dozen medals and a couple of tour Tshirts i have no other evidence of ever serving! i certainly dont have any 'Discharge Papers'

    I was told i would get some paperwork informing me of 'Reserve Service' etc, but this has never turned up.

    should i chase this up (is it really that important?)
  5. the know were you live!!!! :(
  6. Good spelling. You toilet.

    Ask MCM - treacle they will tell you.
  7. Cheers for that guys!
  8. Try this number 01412242571. They'll ask you some questions, etc. You send a fax to them with details they've just asked for and your passport photo page. My papers were sent to me 4-5 weeks later (recorded post as well). Quick for the MOD!!!! :eek: Any questions PM me.