Discharge papers for TA

Hi, wondering if anyone can help with this real quick.

I left the TA back in 2009 after around 3 years having resigned after no longer being able to keep up with the training commitment. At the time I received a letter in the post confirming this (possibly an “administrative discharge”, but can’t recall)

Have successfully applied to join the police and they’ve requested discharge papers before my final offer comes in. I don’t recall ever receiving any, do reservists even get discharge papers? I’m going to phone JPAC in the morning, but hoped someone would be able to put my mind at rest as due to training courses it’s fairly time sensitive.

Cheers.

Hi, wondering if anyone can help with this real quick.

I left the TA back in 2009 after around 3 years having resigned after no longer being able to keep up with the training commitment. At the time I received a letter in the post confirming this (possibly an “administrative discharge”, but can’t recall)

Have successfully applied to join the police and they’ve requested discharge papers before my final offer comes in. I don’t recall ever receiving any, do reservists even get discharge papers? I’m going to phone JPAC in the morning, but hoped someone would be able to put my mind at rest as due to training courses it’s fairly time sensitive.

Cheers.
Call JPAC at Glasgow - they may be able to assist. Have your regimental number ready.

I suspect this is more to do with the rules about signing up.. it is still technically illegal to sign up twice, which used to be a way of "disappearing"..

You cannot be a police officer if you are an undischarged serviceman (i.e. AWOL), but this only applies to regulars.. you could alway be in the Police and the reserves simultaneously.. (despite what some forces would wish to believe...)

Why not contact your last unit and ask for a letter explaining discharge on headed unit notepaper?

ugly

LE
Why not contact your last unit and ask for a letter explaining discharge on headed unit notepaper?
A good idea at first but full of issues
Contact APC Glasgow for a copy of your discharge papers, usually they don't issue duplicates but in your case you haven't been issued one
I am sure I received one on leaving the TA, I threw it away. I did however receive a page 7 for my AB108(ADP) which is my final discharge sheet showing a total of service. It came long after my med release from commitment due to injuries received after leaving regular service so I have no idea now if it was an accurate statement of length of service or just an administrative tidy up as it was issued the day before my 30th birthday. Who knows?

All,

JPAC and APC confirmed that as a reservist you wouldn’t normally receive Discharge Papers, but that you could apply for a Testimonial from your former unit confirming your length of service etc.

Police were happy with an email from them confirming this was the case, as due to time elapsed they didn’t require an employment reference beyond the previous five years. Thanks all for the advice.