Disbanding the army and RAF....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bjid, Feb 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In light of the ongoing defence cuts i thought that a splendid idea would be to disband the army and the RAF. Most of their funding could then be pumped into the senior service.

The royal navy could easily undertake the roles of these somewhat redundant services, the fleet air arm, taking over directly from the RAF and then the good old royal marines could easily take up the jobs of the pongos!

whose with me!
  2. Yawn....

Weak effort, you need to try harder in future.
  3. 0/10

Please see MDN after school.
  4. Lucky Barsteward :frown:
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Only role the Royal Navy will be carrying out in future is providing tin for Coke cans and razor blades
  6. cunt....................
  7. Great idea. Save time picking the army up off beaches and waiting for top cover from biggles
  8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Nice to see the Navy in a foreign country and not being marched off with their hands on their heads

HMS Cumberland will return with her I Pod stores intact I assume
  9. Fixed that for you. No need to thank me, it's all in a day's work.
  10. Of course! We now use the Ipod Nano which is just the right size to hide in secret "places" so they will never be lost again. Plus we have lots of fun practising with your bunk mate during the dog watches, twice if its a make-and-mend. Its a mans life in the modern Royal Navy dont you know!
  11. You are Liam Fox and I claim my £10.
  12. Not a bad idea in theory. We'd end up with a sort of UKMC ala USMC.
  13. I'm surprised you Matelots have got any time to be on here now your one ship has been asked to actually do something off the coast of Libya!

Don't worry, with the remainder of our Rugby team that's not on Ops we'll see you at Twickers on May 7th for the resumption of The Army dominance! You've had your win for this decade.

14. Watched some documentary on Ark Royal the other day and while they were doing some missile drill one of the jolly Navy types was listening to his iPod under his Anti Flash. I started pissing myself and had to explain to a bemused CO why.
  15. You like watching documentarys with your CO? SJAR/OJAR time?