Disabled soldier goes back to war

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Enigma266, Apr 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3701867.ece

"A Chinook helicopter was called in to get them out but could not land without risking setting off more explosions. It was not equipped with a winch, and so could not lift the soldiers to safety. “That was a big mistake, but it all comes down to, I guess, funding and money and people trying to cut corners,” Corporal Hale said. “It’s just a shame that it takes lives to get people to pay attention to this.” Eventually the soldiers were lifted out by US Blackhawk helicopters. "

As if the government will take any notice!

Well done that man and heres hoping for a safe tour for all.

2. Just read the piece in the paper edition, those who are able-bodied and do nowt but claim benefits etc who should feel low in comparison.

But on the other hand, there are those who may be just coming to terms with an injury or condition and now seeing that they can still aspire to previous goals, dreams and careers that they had initially thought may be hindered by their condition or disability.

Well done to him, IMO going back to theatre has done a lot more than he thinks.

3. I could have sworn I read in an aviation magazine in late 2006 the all the Chinooks had been given winches.

More importantly though, good lad!

4. Good luck matey.

5. Good Luck Mate.

The the award for best quote of the article goes to...

Mark Ormrod, of 40 Commando, lost both legs and his right arm after stepping on a landmine in Helmand province on Christmas Eve 2007. His first words to the doctor were: “No s**t, I think my dancing days are over :lol:

6. good luck that man thats a real trooper we have serving

7. A MAN who knows the meaning of SERVICE.
    All the best.
    john