Disabled "entitled" to jobs.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EX_REME, Oct 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1. No, I did not, why is this?
    2. What happens if they dont?
    3. Do haulage companies have to do this also?
    4. Are any companies exempt? (Cept us, of course I know we are.)

Link?

2. why 110? what good would someone who sleeps on the job do by making 111? Surely that would count as a minus, taking the number of staff BELOW 110, thus creating a self fulfilling prophecy that all such quotas are utter bollacks.

3. well alcoholism is classed as a disability so you can always employ some pissheads

4. So at a glance my office is massively over quota.

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

You would be suprised what coun'ts as disabled
    If a wagon driver (to answer your haulage question) comes up with a medical excuse say not to drive at night and he has to drive in the dark sometimes (morning and early evening) under the disability act you must find him a job that lets him work only days even if it isn't driving but sitting in the warehouse answering the phone

The amount of peolpe out in Civdiv working their ticket would amaze you

6. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

No they dont

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Shock, horror, sven talking through his arrse but claiming to know everything. Is anybody surprised?

8. So all those ex service blokes with limbs missing etc are to be lumped in with the scroungersw and denied a job because blokes on here can't get it into their heads that all civvies aren't dole scroungers and benefit cheats. As it ever struck you that your parents for example are civvies. The attitude of a lot of blokes on this site really stinks.And before anyone says it, this isn't the NAAFi thread.

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Mate I'd expect to be decked if I was such a low life as to lump soldiers who'd suffered injuries on operations with people like sven.

This is about calling him to account for his comments.

He lies and then when asked to front up runs off to mummy or falls asleep. Nothing about dissing soldiers wounded while on ops.

10. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

11. I don't know what the Sven connection is, but I was shocked last week when my girlfriend told me about the legislation- she thought it was a good thing, but if I was I was a company director, I'd look askance at having to employ people with Downs' Syndrome, say (who are covered by the Act), in place of more..er..productive employees.

I assumed the Armed Forces, Police etc have exemption, not sure who else does.

12. Yes they do.

13. the idea behind it was to give opportunites to Genuine disabled people who would not have been given any opportunity to work, hence the existence of Remploy, as well as companies employing them in order to give them a quality of life, they can also be very productive and save on welfare benefits, it is also better for them as they will lead productive fullfiling lives, even those with Downs sydrome have souls and feelings like you and me, should be given this chance, this will have an added benefit of exposing employees to people who are less fortunate than themselves then they will stop moaning about how shit their life is once they look at them for one minute.

14. Some folk who are classed as disabled have very little wrong with them, if you have one epileptic seizure a year you get the same protection as a person in a wheelchair under the disabiity discrimination act (DDA). There are hundreds of disabled civis who want to work but employers won't take them on - so if (god forbid) you are medically discharged because of a health problem you may be very grateful to the DDA and the quota of "disabled employees" companies must employ.
    As for people with downs - some of them work in the supermarkets and do okay & before you slag off shop assistants someone has to do the job, its normally women as its low paid but as its working with the public your likely to be assaulted just for doing the job.
    I agree with some of the other posters that some of the attitudes to civillians stinks, a lot of us support you because we come from forces families so when you dis the civis you dis your support network as well.

15. I know, I just wouldn't want one sat behind the screen in an air traffic control tower 8O