Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Filthy Rock Chicks

• Thread starter Deleted 4886
  • Start date
The band are a bit like an updated version of Bad News.

Not a bad analogy WEP. Both started as a sketch on a TV comedy show and are just an almighty piss-take.

A bit like the Rutles they seem to have outlived the joke and been quite successful.

Not a bad analogy WEP. Both started as a sketch on a TV comedy show and are just an almighty piss-take.

A bit like the Rutles they seem to have outlived the joke and been quite successful.

Or Spinal Tap in their many incarnations, especially if you include "A Mighty Wind"

Or Eurovision winners Lordi.
I've always regarded this as the Men of Arrse's anthem.
And keyboardist Hella would get it. In her makeup, too.

Which in turn must be modelled on GWAR

Or Spinal Tap in their many incarnations, especially if you include "A Mighty Wind"

Spinal Tap and The Rutles were at least original. The former based on satire and the latter based on both satire and a genuine love of the Beatles music. Innes (RIP) couldn’t have written the spoof tunes without a lot of affection for the originals.

The problem with the spoof/parody metal bands is that the whole genre had already degenerated into a mockery of itself. The various offspring genres of death metal, stoner etc didn’t help much either.

Mind you, I would go and see Massacration if they were on at the local sticky-floored music shack. A gallon of IPA, a noisy spoof metal band, a curry then home for a shag. Not a bad night out.

Wendy James you just knew she was dirty as **** and would take it ***********.
Don't know what you mean. ;-)
She actually came across as a very nice young lady when I briefly met her at a recording studio when I was doing a bit of roadie-ing for another band (which never got anywhere meaningful).

Spinal Tap and The Rutles were at least original. The former based on satire and the latter based on both satire and a genuine love of the Beatles music. Innes (RIP) couldn’t have written the spoof tunes without a lot of affection for the originals.

The problem with the spoof/parody metal bands is that the whole genre had already degenerated into a mockery of itself. The various offspring genres of death metal, stoner etc didn’t help much either.

Mind you, I would go and see Massacration if they were on at the local sticky-floored music shack. A gallon of IPA, a noisy spoof metal band, a curry then home for a shag. Not a bad night out.

Break Like The Wind was a masterpiece, each song being a parody of a different sub genre of music

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Wendy James you just knew she was dirty as **** and would take it ***********.
Senior moment, I thought you meant this Wendy (Craig)
1580219239926.png

I saw Transvision Vamp at Redcar Bowl in 1988. I think I have already mentioned what she was "wearing" earlier in this thread...mmmm

I intended to see them at Coventry Poly the following week, and Munster a year or so later. But the Army decided to put me on guard duty and exercise.,

And me and a mate went to see them at Dortmund FZV the once, and ended up getting the train back cos we couldn't find the venue, despite asking everywhere. I went a few months later for the UK Subs, and it was a quick walk under the Hauptbanhoff subway and down a side street.

A couple of NAAFI bints and plenty of horrors from Studio X not to mention the pads wives.
You said you wouldn't mention the pad's wives!

Steel Panther seem to be the latest spoof band doing the tour, funny but not very original.

Latest Threads