Dirty Filthy Rock Chicks

Oh God, i just posted a 12 year old in the Dirty filthy rock chick section :???:. I clicked on Wheels link and while i normally hate the kids whiney singing on The Voice/BGT etc, i thought this was rather good.

I have never been lucky enough to see L7, although my sister was at Reading in the 90s, when one of em flung her jamrag into the crowd.

They weren't the prettiest of lasses but they had a sense of fun and made great music. Shame their recent UK tour has so few dates. Here is a clip of them showing them pussies on The Word how to shock.

Watched that at the time; Bricks Are Heavy is a fab album.

Christie Hynde:

And even dirtier now:

Don’t pretend you wouldn’t still (pretend geddit - Pretenders... oh I give up, I really do.)

Christie Hynde:

And even dirtier now:

Don’t pretend you wouldn’t still (pretend geddit - Pretenders... oh I give up, I really do.)
Yep looks like she needs a good scrubbing with wire wool and detol.

Strict rather than filthy, and only a bit rock chick but Ute scares, fascinates and causes drool... I give you Ute Lemper:

Amanda Lehman, who appears quite often as a guest musician on Steve Hackett tours. She did an excellent version of the classic Genesis track ‘Ripples’ when I saw the band last year.
Not really filthy, but I reckon she qualifies as a rock chick!
D0AD3350-DCE3-41B4-861A-4DE0EBA19599.jpeg

There was a thing on tv last night which I was half watching, Fanny featured on that along with girlschool who lemmy had a hand in.......so to speak
Thanks for that spot. Just checked yesterday’s paper and will download the programmes from the iplayer.

Edit to add the programme names should anyone want to download/view them:
  • Girl In a Band - Tales From The Rock’n’Roll Frontline
  • Queens of British Pop (probably missable)
  • Girls In Bands At The BBC

Last edited: