Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by amazing__lobster, Jun 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anybody got this, or played it (the PC version)?

If they have, what's it like? Is it worth getting?
  2. I've just bought it from ebay for the 360, I've never played a shite colin mcrae game though so this one should be worth it.
  3. The've totally americanised it, your co-driver is some surfer dude, the game itself is good but the yank p!sses me off.
  4. actually I've just played the rally itself and it's shit, totally unrealistic, not at all like other colin mcrae gamesthe car handles like a remote conrol car, this ones for 12 yr old yanks only.

Avoid this one.
  5. Shame, that.
  6. well theres alway CM 2005 on the PC, and Forza 2 is eating up my spare time on the 360.

It's just a shame they ruined the best rally game.
  7. Just spent some time backpacking Eastern Europe, and picked this up cheap in Bos' (still full of pirate shops), though doubt I'll bother installing it when I get back home.
  8. I'd give it a go, you might like it , but mine went back on Ebay.

If your expecting it to be like the other games in the series it isn't.
  9. I couldn't get it to work - the thing kept crashing 8O
  10. Bought it for PC a few weeks ago....

Without going into all the nitty-gritty about car setups etc, I was slightly disappointed in the controls....

I'm a old-school keyboard nut (zx spectrum ftw) and I found the controls were a little too severe (with defaults setup)....

On the plus side though, it is a very good game - lots of different tracks, races, cars etc....playability is very good and there are multiple difficulties, which, whilst very hard at the top end, are achievable once you start to learn how to tinker with yer vehicle a bit....

I bought it when it first came out and would recommend it really....it's not the earth-shatterer I expected, but it is a very good game and worth the money.

And don't bother trying to buy a copy or download it - pay the few small pennies it takes as the security is quite good on this game....

- T
  11. I Just installed this Colin McRae: DiRT thing on my computer.

Bloody thing just crashed.