Diploma level 3?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by mikardo58004, Apr 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening all,

I usually utilise the search function on this site but I have a question I cannot find the answer to. I got the papers for joining up to the green machine and although joining as an officer is not my intention I was wondering whether on the appliation form, should my diploma level 3 (and nvq level 3) be listed under the "A level/BTEC etc." part of the qualifications section?

Or is this another GCSE standard thick as you like qualification?

2. Thanks for that.
  3. Does this mean that I could apply on the officer route? I hear the army have a very strange vision of what is equivalent to A levels regarding NVQ's etc.
  4. When you go in to speak about your ammo tech application just ask the recruiter to assess your education for Officer selection. They can scrutinise and assess if to pass you onto the ACA1 for Officers applications or not...just be aware though they will also be looking at what you get up to and achieved aswell for eg...Ten tors, DofE, voluntary things.........or have you just been bumming it at college and uni.
  5. I know the army are funny about none A level quals, but I believe these count as Ucas points. Not sure how much, but gotta be a fair few as I used mine to get on a law degree (needed 300+ ucas points) as A level equivalents. Its 180 ucas point to commission so would check with afco there. Does not state A levels as a must, just the points.

Hope that helps