Figures Diorama bases

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
One of Dad's side lines after retirement, was base's for models and base embellishments. This is one of his demo pieces. These are the concrete rocks/boulders. Please excuse my photography.
IMG_20190206_183607.jpg
IMG_20190206_183535.jpg

I'm afraid I've not got the room to store or display them. My Brother and Sister's family's are just not interested. But if displayed somewhere meaningful, I'm sure the 'ol man would be chuffed to NAAFI break.
If your old man served how about trying the regimental museum?

That's nice. I'll refer to those when I start building my jungle wargaming terrain.
Top tip that I got. Red Tea. You can buy packs dirt cheap from Tesco's. Rip open the tea bags and you get a great leaf scatter for Jungles and the like.
I used it for base scatter for my NVA army, and with some bushes and statick grass on it, it looked great.

Top tip that I got. Red Tea. You can buy packs dirt cheap from Tesco's. Rip open the tea bags and you get a great leaf scatter for Jungles and the like.
I used it for base scatter for my NVA army, and with some bushes and statick grass on it, it looked great.
Any photos, please?
........just before I have to don my balaclava before I venture into Tesco and someone recognises me.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I use cheap tea for dried leaves quite a lot, it really adds depth to the base of figure. For jungle I tend towards herbs. Our local Range store (other large shops mainly selling utter shite are available) does huge tubs of mixed herbs for a good price. They tend to be a bit... fragrant at first but make very nice large-leaf foliage scatter.

Not the Range stuff, but close enough.

I don't think I'd like to use them for cooking, though, I suspect they are the stale sweepings from the processing floor.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I use cheap tea for dried leaves quite a lot, it really adds depth to the base of figure. For jungle I tend towards herbs. Our local Range store (other large shops mainly selling utter shite are available) does huge tubs of mixed herbs for a good price. They tend to be a bit... fragrant at first but make very nice large-leaf foliage scatter.

Not the Range stuff, but close enough.

I don't think I'd like to use them for cooking, though, I suspect they are the stale sweepings from the processing floor.
just soak them in a greenish/whatever base colour you need wash first, as they tend to bleach over time.

Latest Threads