Dinner4Heroes - please read

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cold_Collation, Oct 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Gents,

My first post here, having lurked for a while. Please read this, though, as you may be able to have a bearing on things.

On Remembrance Sunday this year, Rick Bailey, the landlord of my local here in Surrey, is putting on ‘Dinner4Heroes’. The idea is simple: a three-course sit-down meal priced at £20 per head, with a menu from the ‘Help for Heroes Cookbook’. This will take place in the evening, which tends to be a quiet time for many pubs and the hope is that timing it then rather than at lunchtime will encourage those out of the woodwork who might not otherwise give it the time of day or be busy elsewhere given the day and events. All of the £20 per bum on seat will go to the charity; Rick and the regulars are financing the food and cooking out of their own pockets.

Rick and I discussed this and we agreed that it might be a good idea to try and get other pubs/venues involved. The idea (following the ‘eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month…’) is to try and have the same menu served at the same time in pubs across the country.

The event has been registered with Help for Heroes and there is an email address for those are interested in doing something: dinner4heroes@hotmail.co.uk.

I know that this is somewhat short notice. But if you can get involved and persuade, threaten or cajole your local hostelries to get involved there is an opportunity to make significantly more money than one venue can on its own.

Thanks in advance for anything that any of you can do and please feel free to tell as many people as you like about the idea.

ColdCollation

2. Bump.

3. Excellent idea and a further bump!

4. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Thanks to both above and a further bump. Please get involved, gents.

Sorry - I learned form the ex how to nag.

:-D

ColdCollation

5. Mods - sticky?