Dinner4Heroes - an update

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cold_Collation, Nov 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

A good few weeks back I posted on here regarding an event intended to make some money for Help for Heroes. It was a sit-down meal in a local pub with all proceeds going to the charity, the recipes coming from the Food for Heroes cookbook. Not as much fun as a girlie calendar, I grant you, but as they say every little helps.

I'm delighted to say that we raised £1,100 on the night. We did try to get other pubs involved but to limited effect. The point is, though, that one pub raised over a grand. And we will be back bothering people to get involved next year - locally, through the trade press and probably on ARRSE.

Ladies and Gents, several people worked like Trojans over the weekend to make this work. I was stunned - enough to want to make the point that I read a lot of posts on here about civvies only being interested in the soaps and celebrities, and not caring about service-people and what they have to put up with.

That's just not true. People do care, even if you don't always see it. Many care passionately, including those who don't have a direct relation involved in what's going on. Many share the same views as you about what's wrong and right in this country, and it was good to have an opportunity to show it somehow. Please, never forget that.

Anyway, we'll be back next year. To those abroad, or about to go, stay well and stay safe.

Cold_Collation

2. Bloody well done.

3. Banker

Banker On ROPs

Congratulations, sounds like a great event.

4. well done to all involved

5. Well done mate. Please put me down to host one next year.

P-T