Dining out in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Sparky71, Oct 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Folks,

Quick question for you - how much would a good meal for two (including wine) cost in one of NZ's better restaurants?

Friends are getting married next month and off to NZ on honeymoon, they don't have a wedding list, so instead of yet more towels, I was looking at giving them cash NZ dollars and telling them to have a nice meal on me.

Cheers.

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I thought dining out in NZ involved a gun and some mint sauce/apple sauce for the sheep/wild pig you take on a date!

3. Depends how generous you feel, I was there for Christmas last year and the pound goes a long way. £50 quids worth is a lot £100 pounds is excellent over there.
    Neither are that much really for a decent 3 course meal and drinks over here.
    Hope that helps

4. OzzyMick,

Thanks for that. Managed to find some NZ restaurants that had copies of menus on their websites, and it would appear that about 25NZD (just under £10) is an expensive main course over there! 150NZD (about £55) therefore should get them a pretty good meal and maybe a cheeky bottle of plonk too.

Cheers,

Sparky

5. Glad I could help, shame you can't be there yourself, it's fantastic.

6. I don't think they'd appreciate me going along on honeymoon with them...

7. You never know :)

They may get bored with each other, the flying is cheap, the beer is cold. Take advantage.