Dinghy Sailing

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Jennie, Aug 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Anyone know where I can gey my dinghy sailing quals (RYA1 etc) through the system?

    I know off shore is done at Gossport, but would prefer dinghy.

    Any suggestions detaisl etc please let me know.

  2. Got my helm qualification in the Army many years ago and that was just Basic Sailing. At that time I found out all the information in what was then DCI's. The course was taken at the APT School (N) outside York. Hope this is of help.
  3. Get your arrse on a course up in Kiel. You can get all the RYA quals that are gettable in the system. Oh yes, you can get them all in Gosport as well, but I'd rather spend my time sailing along the coast of Denmark and Sweden than France any day!
  4. Try the Army Dinghy and Windsurfing Centre (ADWC) at Netley on Southampton Water
  5. Cow

    Cow LE

    What branch/corp you in? they should have a yacht club online which should have details. asa site http://www.sailarmy.co.uk/ may give more info, so will ad trg publications your trg wing has. 14 Sigs in Wales offer courses so do HQ Land. dont bother with your level 1, it'll do nothing for you, go straight for your 2.
  6. I don't think Netley run courses - they are run efrom either 17 Port and Marotime (or Sport and Pastime) in Southampton, or 47 Regt RA at Thorney Island.
  7. Aunty have you got that pic still of the good ship ladyboy?? soz springs to mind..........
    Butting out...... NOW 8)
  8. If you look at the HQ ATG (A) web site under army net www.armynet.mod.uk the DCI (course dates) is listed and JSP419 (The Course Oulines). Gosport is the lead centre but as listed above you can find couse most places.