Ding Dong Merrily On High ...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by k13eod, Dec 22, 2009.

?
  1. At home with family/friends.

81.5%
  2. Sh!ters.

18.5%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tis the season to be merry. Or not.

8000 miles away from home I have mixed emotions on this year’s Christmas celebrations. What to do I have to ask myself? I could join in with the local celebrations; Christmas Eve carols on Thursday night at the Whale Arch followed by mulled wine and minced pies. Then maybe visit local folk and wish them all the best for the festive season, shaking them vigorously by the hand and shouting “Merry Christmas”. Followed by a quiet Christmas day in the rented house sipping wine and watching TV whilst the turkey slowly cooks in the oven.

Or perhaps I should remind myself that the drab hovel that I currently abide in is possibly one of the most depressing places on earth and a Turkey plus veg at the West Store is going to set me back half a months dosh. So maybe instead of all that seasonal cheer and good spirit I will just get completely sh!ters until I collapse into a vomit and faeces releasing coma. Or maybe “Tis the season to make myself a Grinch outfit” and sneak out tomorrow night and do untold damage to anything festive.

What to do? What will you do? Will you be spending it with family and friends or lying in a gutter somewhere? Are you away from home with nothing more to look forward to than a boring day because you’re not allowed to work? Or worse still, with the prospects of yet another dusty day praying that you and your friends make it safe home?

For me this year is a “bah humbug” special!

2. Since this is the NAAFI I heartily recommend that you get legless mate

Oh and do the grinch thing as well

3. I know it's generally seen to be fashionable on this site to hate Christmas, but I love it, I love the schmultziness of it, the tackiness, the overeating, overdrinking, crap TV, crap (and good) pressies, the bonhomie, carols, card, lights, snow...

In fact, I love it all!

I will be with my OH and son at home. He starts at AFC Harrogate a week later so it will be a good Christmas for us all!

4. Ooops Mods can you merge with other thread ... fcuk, i haven't even had a drink yet :oops:

5. Doofus

6. I shall be marking the occasion by hiking barefoot up to an isolated highland bothy, and enduring 72hrs of solitary fasting, prayer and self flagellation.............you Godless heathen cunts.

7. I'm on my own (again), but I just bought Crime & Punishment, so I'm good.

Well, until my housemates return from their parents. Then I'll just get pi$$ed.

8. 19 Yr old nubile daughter? he's in Stanley for Fcuk's Sake, he's got mre cahance with the penguin or a sheep (though you'll need a bigger oven)

9. Oi, Billy no mates .....

10. Don't make me come over there and smite you.

11. Tis the season to be merry. Or not.

6460 miles away from home I have mixed emotions on this year’s Christmas celebrations. What to do I have to ask myself? I could join in with the local celebrations; Christmas Eve carols on Thursday night at the Buddhist pagoda followed by mulled Tiger beer and minced prawns. Then maybe visit local folk and wish them all the best for the festive season, shaking them vigorously by the hand and shouting “Merry Christmas”. Followed by a quiet Christmas day in our base camp sipping wine and watching the mosquitos whilst the mud fish slowly cooks in the oven.

Or perhaps I should remind myself that the room without windows that I currently abide in is possibly one of the coolest places in the building because it is one of the few places that the air con actualy works and a Turkey plus veg is not available here unless I chopper it in, which would cost a Kings ransom. So maybe instead of all that seasonal cheer and good spirit I will just get completely sh!ters until I collapse into a vomit and faeces releasing coma - like most nights. Or maybe “Tis the season to make myself a Grinch outfit” and sneak out tomorrow night and do untold damage to anything festive - if I can find any (unlikely).

I dont know about the rest of you but I do hope that we all make it home safely and I never forget that its the life I chose.

For me this year is a “bah humbug” special!

However the LBFM that will be spending the day with me knows nothing of humbug(s) and everything about sucking co ck.

Merry Christmas everybody
    !

12. Could be worse, could be in Afghan...

13. Smite away, brother, tis the season of good will to all men and in these parts we dont have bothys, but there are (allegedly) brothels not too far away.

Enjoy your solitude whilst it lasts for in the New year I predict great turbulance in your life, centred around a visit to your local hospital for treatment for frostbite to your feet.

14. Thanks for reminding me where I am likely be next year. :roll:

15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

What he does'nt tell you is that he has the grouse shooting rights there, and a half gallon hip flask of McCallans 18 year old...