Ding Dong Merrily On High ...

What will you being doing?

• At home with family/friends.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sh!ters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tis the season to be merry. Or not.

8000 miles away from home I have mixed emotions on this year’s Christmas celebrations. What to do I have to ask myself? I could join in with the local celebrations; Christmas Eve carols on Thursday night at the Whale Arch followed by mulled wine and minced pies. Then maybe visit local folk and wish them all the best for the festive season, shaking them vigorously by the hand and shouting “Merry Christmas”. Followed by a quiet Christmas day in the rented house sipping wine and watching TV whilst the turkey slowly cooks in the oven.

Or perhaps I should remind myself that the drab hovel that I currently abide in is possibly one of the most depressing places on earth and a Turkey plus veg at the West Store is going to set me back half a months dosh. So maybe instead of all that seasonal cheer and good spirit I will just get completely sh!ters until I collapse into a vomit and faeces releasing coma. Or maybe “Tis the season to make myself a Grinch outfit” and sneak out tomorrow night and do untold damage to anything festive.

What to do? What will you do? Will you be spending it with family and friends or lying in a gutter somewhere? Are you away from home with nothing more to look forward to than a boring day because you’re not allowed to work? Or worse still, with the prospects of yet another dusty day praying that you and your friends make it safe home?

For me this year is a “bah humbug” special!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I know it's generally seen to be fashionable on this site to hate Christmas, but I love it, I love the schmultziness of it, the tackiness, the overeating, overdrinking, crap TV, crap (and good) pressies, the bonhomie, carols, card, lights, snow...

In fact, I love it all!

I will be with my OH and son at home. He starts at AFC Harrogate a week later so it will be a good Christmas for us all!

I shall be marking the occasion by hiking barefoot up to an isolated highland bothy, and enduring 72hrs of solitary fasting, prayer and self flagellation.............you Godless heathen cunts.

I'm on my own (again), but I just bought Crime & Punishment, so I'm good.

Well, until my housemates return from their parents. Then I'll just get pi$$ed.

Mr_Deputy said:
If you are in a hovel then why cook up a big meal? Keep it simple. Have you also tried dropping a few hints that you'll be alone and would appreciate an invite? Especially to a family with an Just a thought.
olbliging, nubile and sexually curious 19 yr old daughter?

Can anyone suggest a good menu selection for him to cook up in Fort Kev?
Bearing in mind he has to buy it from the Spar shop on Craggy Island.

How does a feast of egg banjos sound? Sausage and mash feast?
Locally caught Rabbit stew? Starter of welks from the now de-mined beaches?

How about Penguins? With the plus side that you can have really, very passionate and meaningful sex. They are very giving lovers. Then roast one with some moss to absorb the juices.

Merry Christmas. Enjoy whatever you do.
19 Yr old nubile daughter? he's in Stanley for Fcuk's Sake, he's got mre cahance with the penguin or a sheep (though you'll need a bigger oven)

sandmanfez said:
I shall be marking the occasion by hiking barefoot up to an isolated highland bothy, and enduring 72hrs of solitary fasting, prayer and self flagellation.............you Godless heathen cunts.
Oi, Billy no mates .....

eodmatt said:
sandmanfez said:
Oi, Billy no mates .....
Don't make me come over there and smite you.

k13eod said:

8000 miles away from home I have mixed emotions on this year’s Christmas celebrations. What to do I have to ask myself? I could join in with the local celebrations; Christmas Eve carols on Thursday night at the Whale Arch followed by mulled wine and minced pies. Then maybe visit local folk and wish them all the best for the festive season, shaking them vigorously by the hand and shouting “Merry Christmas”. Followed by a quiet Christmas day in the rented house sipping wine and watching TV whilst the turkey slowly cooks in the oven.

Or perhaps I should remind myself that the drab hovel that I currently abide in is possibly one of the most depressing places on earth and a Turkey plus veg at the West Store is going to set me back half a months dosh. So maybe instead of all that seasonal cheer and good spirit I will just get completely sh!ters until I collapse into a vomit and faeces releasing coma. Or maybe “Tis the season to make myself a Grinch outfit” and sneak out tomorrow night and do untold damage to anything festive.

What to do? What will you do? Will you be spending it with family and friends or lying in a gutter somewhere? Are you away from home with nothing more to look forward to than a boring day because you’re not allowed to work? Or worse still, with the prospects of yet another dusty day praying that you and your friends make it safe home?

6460 miles away from home I have mixed emotions on this year’s Christmas celebrations. What to do I have to ask myself? I could join in with the local celebrations; Christmas Eve carols on Thursday night at the Buddhist pagoda followed by mulled Tiger beer and minced prawns. Then maybe visit local folk and wish them all the best for the festive season, shaking them vigorously by the hand and shouting “Merry Christmas”. Followed by a quiet Christmas day in our base camp sipping wine and watching the mosquitos whilst the mud fish slowly cooks in the oven.

Or perhaps I should remind myself that the room without windows that I currently abide in is possibly one of the coolest places in the building because it is one of the few places that the air con actualy works and a Turkey plus veg is not available here unless I chopper it in, which would cost a Kings ransom. So maybe instead of all that seasonal cheer and good spirit I will just get completely sh!ters until I collapse into a vomit and faeces releasing coma - like most nights. Or maybe “Tis the season to make myself a Grinch outfit” and sneak out tomorrow night and do untold damage to anything festive - if I can find any (unlikely).

I dont know about the rest of you but I do hope that we all make it home safely and I never forget that its the life I chose.

However the LBFM that will be spending the day with me knows nothing of humbug(s) and everything about sucking co ck.

Merry Christmas everybody
!

sandmanfez said:
eodmatt said:
sandmanfez said:
Oi, Billy no mates .....
Don't make me come over there and smite you.
Smite away, brother, tis the season of good will to all men and in these parts we dont have bothys, but there are (allegedly) brothels not too far away.

Enjoy your solitude whilst it lasts for in the New year I predict great turbulance in your life, centred around a visit to your local hospital for treatment for frostbite to your feet.

davyskuller said:
Could be worse, could be in Afghan...
Thanks for reminding me where I am likely be next year. :roll:

Alsacien

MIA
eodmatt said:
sandmanfez said:
Oi, Billy no mates .....
What he does'nt tell you is that he has the grouse shooting rights there, and a half gallon hip flask of McCallans 18 year old...

From across the pond:
I am using my last vacation day of the year to write cards, wrap presents, mail presents to the Canadian Godchildren (should have mailed them a week ago).

Christmas Eve I will be driving 3 hours to have dinner with my uncle (USNA Annapolis '47) and his family. Italian Americans do great food and I will get to listen to Uncle Matt's stories of battleships and the dreadfullness of his classmate Jimmy Carter. I will then drive 3 hours home and spend Christmas with my cousins here as my son is in Los Angeles, almost as far away as the UK (and a culture more alien to New England than anything in the UK).

I love Christmas. We will have a white Christmas. A storm Saturday/Sunday AM dumped 18 inches of snow on the ground and it has not melted. My yard is covered with snow dotted with cat tracks and coyote tracks. No bloodstains so the coyotes and cats did not meet up. Also, this Christmas I am thinking of the son of a friend who is a junior USN officer, a SEAL currently deployed. I hope the kid has as happy and safe Christmas as he can.

Alsacien said:
eodmatt said:
sandmanfez said:
Oi, Billy no mates .....
What he does'nt tell you is that he has the grouse shooting rights there, and a half gallon hip flask of McCallans 18 year old...
Is that 18 year old daughter? :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fat_Cav The Intelligence Cell 241
miracle The NAAFI Bar 102
k13eod The NAAFI Bar 34