Ding Ding Outrage Bus Departing for PC World To$$ers

2 weeks ago purchased an iPod Touch as a Christmas gift for Mrs K as she kept nicking mine & les enfants had filled it with loads of free Apps.
It worked for a week but used to get really hot (like a pocket handwarmer & the battery life was a quarter of mine)
Eventually it died. Took it back to PC World and asked them for a new one. They refused and said it would be sent away for technical evaluation.
It took 10 days for a jiffy bag to arrive from a Scottish Company that I had to send it away to today. Am totally disgusted by PC World / DSG.
The feckers refused me a refund.
Just a a word of warning to anybody who is considering buying anything from DSG. I will never darken the door of their brands again. Was uber grumpy about spoken to by a spotty burger flipper on minimum wage with the customer care skills of a windy licker who suffered additional head injuries after his sunshine coach was in an RTA with a Tank Transporter. :x :x

Anyone got a outrage unicycle for killaloe_holiday?

Hva ebought loads from PC World and Currys,
Have always found them to be pleasant and very helpful when things go worng.
In fact went in this morning cos my printer that I bought from them 18 months ago is knackered, 20 minutes later new printer job job

killaloe_holiday said:
2 weeks ago purchased an iPod Touch as a Christmas gift for Mrs K as she kept nicking mine & les enfants had filled it with loads of free Apps.
It worked for a week but used to get really hot (like a pocket handwarmer & the battery life was a quarter of mine)
Eventually it died. Took it back to PC World and asked them for a new one. They refused and said it would be sent away for technical evaluation.
It took 10 days for a jiffy bag to arrive from a Scottish Company that I had to send it away to today. Am totally disgusted by PC World / DSG.
The feckers refused me a refund.
Just a a word of warning to anybody who is considering buying anything from DSG. I will never darken the door of their brands again. Was uber grumpy about spoken to by a spotty burger flipper on minimum wage with the customer care skills of a windy licker who suffered additional head injuries after his sunshine coach was in an RTA with a Tank Transporter. :x :x

Should get yourself Gen'd up on the sale of goods act.

pc world or any other store for that matter have set policies for all electrical goods.
The garentee you get with a product does not automaticaly include a refund, some manufacturers offer a free repair service so they are duty bounto pass it on to you.
It all depends who made the item and there company policies whether your refunded or the item is swapped or you have to let them send it off for repair.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
While we're at it. I tried to get a boogler out this morning, and got subjected to a torrent of claret for my troubles. I'll be picking out crunchy red bogies for weeks. Fcuking furious.

Edited to add: Asked the missus to get some more Epson ink yesterday as the printer was flashing 'Gimme C0804, 0804, 0804 ykunt' at her. The computer screen was saying 'Yeah, Epson, you fekking tell her! Beep! C0804 baby, that'll be yeller!'

So, she goes on to the PC World Website and asks it to reserve the correct yellow ink it needs, after telling the website what the printer is. It says 'Righto, C0484 it is then - come and grab it when yer ready.'

She gets home with it and throws her teddy because it's the wrong one.

Muggins goes to PC World this morning, ready for a nose-to-nose with the spotty gimp what gave it to her, and what does he say?

"Oooh, lemme have a look sir. Yup, the website's wrong, so I'll send them a note to correct that error. I see you've opened the ink, but it's not surprising; you thought it was the right one. Let me get you the correct one and I'll swap them over for you. Is that alright sir?"

"Er, yeah, um, great, thanks" says I.

Job jobbed.

killaloe_holiday

look up the sale of goods act.

You are entitled to a full refund or replacement product if the goods are found to be faulty.

Grow a set and get back in there and demand your rights.

Pussy.

CQMS said:
Were they wearing poppies?
Did they refuse to serve him coffee?

ARRSE was doing so well for a few days there. I guess there must have been an ice-cream sale somewhere on the internet which kept this lot distracted and writing poetry for a few days.

Biped said:
Muggins goes to PC World this morning, ready for a nose-to-nose with the spotty gimp what gave it to her, and what does he say?

"Oooh, lemme have a look sir. Yup, the website's wrong, so I'll send them a note to correct that error. I see you've opened the ink, but it's not surprising; you thought it was the right one. Let me get you the correct one and I'll swap them over for you. Is that alright sir?"

"Er, yeah, um, great, thanks" says I.

Job jobbed.
You let him get away with that? You should have demanded a free laptop!

Sorry for the brief reply. I'm writing from my phone - email the directors of PC world if you're having no joy, with a polite email. I did the same when I had a repair problem with a laptop - the problem was sorted in a day, after the directors PA was told to sor it. Not sure of the addresses etc, but they're not too difficult to find using google.

iPhone O2 data network has been down for a couple of days.Ditched mine some time ago,and got a Blackberry on Voda.Excellent device and no probs so far.

devilish said:
killaloe_holiday

You are entitled to a full refund or replacement product if the goods are found to be faulty.

Pussy.
get with the times - that was superseded by the Provision of goods and services act

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Tell you what really grips my sh!t! Wnakers posting stuff on websites and feeling the need to tell everyone that they used their phone to do it!

My phone doesn't connect to the internet, but whoopie doo - I used a clump of red snot to smash this post into my keyboard!

drain_sniffer said:
devilish said:
killaloe_holiday

Pussy.
get with the times - that was superseded by the Provision of goods and services act
Who gives a fcuk what act it is, he's still a pussy. Some spotty oike on 3 shillings a sixpence slapped him down like a disobedient puppy and he walked off with his tale between his legs and a warm pocket...

Edited to add, I'm not posting from my phone.

This, I am afraid is the age-old problem of the difference that exists between the exitence of consumer rights within the books and their operation in practice.

Personally, I gave up buying goods 'n' gadgets from large High-Street retail-based companies such as 'PC World', Comet and others a long time ago.

Many of them simply ignore their liabilities under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). Since many of the minimum-waged staff are paid commission on what they sell, and lose it in respect of faulty goods that are returned, many deliberately misinterpret its provisions, despite the clarity in which such provision are articulated. Many will obfuscate by suggesting that a clear statement of law is simply no more than 'your opinion of it' secure in the knowledge that many, if not most Local Authority Trading Standards are so 'cash-strapped' and unwilling to investigate individual complaints unless a 'critical mass' of complaints are received of the same generic type in respect of the same retailer.

High Street retailers also know that since legal aid is no longer available to fight civil cases, such as breach of contract and contingency fee lawyers will not generally take on a case involving goods of relatively low value. Moreover, many people will, after a cost-benefit analysis consider that it is not worth the cost of obtaining and issuing an originating summons through the County Court.

Rather than attempting to engage in a fruitless confrontation with a willfully blind manager, rofessionally trained 'in house' in the art of inter-vivos obfuscation and deception, I tend to obtain such goods over the internet for which additional consumer rights exist such as cancellation rights.

Internet sites such as Amazon are regularly monitored by the European Commission for compliance with consumer rights arising out of the transposition into domestic law of Consumer Rights Directives and Regulations issued by the EU. Thus they tend to operate a rather more consumerr-friendly and legally complient service than is generally available to an individual who attempts to deal inter-vivos with a High-Street retailer whose compliance with consumer law is dependent upon his or her subjective evaluation of your articuation of it and your determination to vindicate it for breach.

In summary, in my opinion, the Kingdom's high street retailers are best avoided unless you dress like, look like and sound like a well-briefed lawyer. Internet sites such as Amazon are much more consumer law compliant and rather more willing to fully refund or exchange defective goods.

killaloe_holiday said:
Rant...................

Blah....................

Can I just ask what the f*ck is a Windy Licker 8O