Ding! Ding! Alla board… the The £276,000 head teacher

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice work if you can get it,FFS how hard can it be ?

2. You mean you don't know?

3. Based on his salary vs the PM.'s running a primary school is far harder than running the country it would seem.

4. They are both dealing with a bunch of troublesome immature little children they should both get the same pay.

5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Although I appreciate the outrage bus....maybe we look at the details of this.

According to the BBC who state the details given by his employer the amount is actually under £205k, of which that is made up of:

~£82k basic
    ~£50k for his work on an educational initiative started by Labour
    ~£52k from the previous year on the same initiative which was paid this year
    ~£10k overtime
    ~£10K overtime for the previous year which was paid this year.

So his yearly salary is infact ~£92k including bonus + a secondary position which paid ~£50k a year.

so the £290k in the mail is infact £142k (of which only 2/3rds is his normal wage), still a decent whack but he is head of an inner city primary school of 400 kids with a brilliant Ofsted report. (so that's £230 a pupil per year spent on the heads basic salary + bonus - doesn't sound to much in my mind)

S_R

6. MG Maniac's MRS is the head of the Education department in Cardiff councill and she gets no where near that, in fact less than half, so what does this bloke do to be worth such a massive amount,

7. It's an inner city school, innit m8.

Sounds like someone's been riding a gold plated and diamond tipped gravy train for all it's worth to me.

8. Sounds like he's an exceptional head in a challenging school - hence the £82k a year. That said the headteacher in the last school I worked was on basic of just over £100k, the school had 1750 pupils. One of the hardest jobs in the world if you do it right. £60k of that pay was back-dated from last year, so why claim it's pay from this year? Just because he got paid that money this year, doesn't mean it's this year's pay. So, £50k for involved in a special education initiative, well, I'll be honest that it sounds high to me, but I have (as do all of you) absolutely NO idea what this initiative was. He could have earnt it several times over, or could be an over-paid idiot. What I found nice was the parents supporting him and saying he's earnt every penny.

9. Oh do fcuk off. Every one of us would take the pay if it were on offer.

If there's a problem here, it's with the system, not the teacher.

10. Yes, and that teacher seems to have worked the system wonderfully to his own pecuniary advantage.

Funny thing about teachers that, my brothers the same, always seeing what courses and innitiatives he can blag his way on to get more pay and claiming every last penny he can out of the system for anything he does. He's so busying looking in to these things, it's a wonder where he finds the time to teach

11. You sound bitter - Does he have a bigger house and a better looking missus? Of course, you could stop moaning and become a teacher yourself, work your way up from the bottom and use your soldiering experience to bring credibility to your role and to enlighten others. No? **** off then.

12. Quality :)

13. He took charge of a failing school and turned it round to outstanding. He deserves every penny, other heads should take some tips. I want my kids to have the best schoolimg they can, which requires the best teachers and I'd be happy for them to be paid top whack.

I notice that some ***** on here are just jealous. Why don't you just **** off and do you job instead of posting on here in the middle of the working day.