Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dim woman fined 27k for not closing her hairdressing salon

KIRKLEES Council has issued clarification -

"After speaking again with West Yorkshire Police, they have confirmed that they did not see customers present during their visit to the premises on November 24, so we will no longer be issuing the additional £10,000, meaning the total remains at £17,000."

"...we will no longer be issuing the additional £10,000, meaning the total remains at £17,000."

So much more affordable.

I would love to hear her spout her non-consenting Freeman defence in court.
Where she'd get malleted but, thinking she's thick as two short planks is beside the point - even £17K is excessive IMO.

Where she'd get malleted but, thinking she's thick as two short planks is beside the point - even £17K is excessive IMO.
She got a warning at £3,000. She got another warning the following day at £4,000 (you'd think she'd have taken the hint by this point) Then she got slapped with the big daddy.

We will find out tomorrow

“Illegal, selfish and reckless“
As the authority bringing the prosecution, why not just stick to the enforcement bit?
Surely the time to get all moral and righteous is when the sentence is passed, so you can add ”selfish and reckless” to other worthy phrases?
And isn’t it up to the court to decide what’s illegal and what’s not?
I do miss proper local/national journalism where the facts were printed, with the hand-wringing done after by the editor.

As the authority bringing the prosecution, why not just stick to the enforcement bit?
Surely the time to get all moral and righteous is when the sentence is passed, so you can add ”selfish and reckless” to other worthy phrases?
I do miss proper local/national journalism where the facts were printed, with the hand-wringing done after by the editor.
With respect, the journalist quoted the local authority...and acknowledged them as such.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

it's not like she was unaware of the consequences, what with the first fine and everything.

I know there are "sub judice" rules about what can be said after someone has been charged. I don't think there's any problem with a regulator "stating the case" for a prosecution. Happy to be corrected if I'm talking bollox.

I see Ms Sinead of the family Thicko has launched a crowd funding campaign for her defence, or if there's money over, for her brother with bowel cancer.

So that's what this is about:

“I’m confident in the fact we will win this fight, so in that case the money will go to my amazing brother who is fighting himself against Stage 4 bowel cancer, he was diagnosed in August 2020 and he’s 36 years old with a wife and 2 children.
“He is an amazing soul and he gives me the confidence to fight every single day. He is my best friend and I wouldn’t be able to do this without him."

In the Emperor thread I mentioned these 'Freemen on the Land' types who claim 'statute law does not qpply as I do not consent'. I have only met them twice on duty. Once when he said we could not come into his property - so we put the door in and handed him his copy of the search warrant (and nicked him for possession) and once when a lad declined to give me his details - I told him he had a choice. Give them to me or to the Custody Sergeant who was a miserable cnut and would likely throw him in a cell for a bit first. He thought about it and gave me his details. We tend to just say 'That's nice, but your words have no meaning'.

I did have one woman demand I recite the Oath of Office to prove I was 'acting on oath' I told her I couldn't even remember what day of the week it was!

And just to clear things up, despite what the internet may say -No, you cannot p1ss in my hat if you are pregnant and yes, I can arrest you if I'm in uniform but not wearing said hat.

Out of interest, since these freeloaders have been around now for some years, does police training or briefings include info on what they’re about and how to deal with them?

Out of interest, since these freeloaders have been around now for some years, does police training or briefings include info on what they’re about and how to deal with them?
I didn’t get any specific training. There was a good police blog that dealt with a long running case and there are any number of YouTube videos, but generally it comes under the banner of “if you know the legislation well, you can handle those who think they know better but don’t’

In the Emperor thread I mentioned these 'Freemen on the Land' types who claim 'statute law does not qpply as I do not consent'. I have only met them twice on duty. Once when he said we could not come into his property - so we put the door in and handed him his copy of the search warrant (and nicked him for possession) and once when a lad declined to give me his details - I told him he had a choice. Give them to me or to the Custody Sergeant who was a miserable cnut and would likely throw him in a cell for a bit first. He thought about it and gave me his details. We tend to just say 'That's nice, but your words have no meaning'.

I did have one woman demand I recite the Oath of Office to prove I was 'acting on oath' I told her I couldn't even remember what day of the week it was!

And just to clear things up, despite what the internet may say -No, you cannot p1ss in my hat if you are pregnant and yes, I can arrest you if I'm in uniform but not wearing said hat.
Send to @don't tell him pike , they can piss on his helmet

Latest Threads