Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dim woman fined 27k for not closing her hairdressing salon

Mrs Slocombe

Old-Salt
She's justifying this under Article 61 of Magna Carta - for anyone interested, it's below. I've been through it twice and can't see any specific reference to 'dressers of hair may remaineth open in the face of evil pestilence', but perhaps I've missed that.
Magna Carta of 1215 was immediately annulled by pope Innocent III anyway.
That coat of arms she's laminated has bugger all to do with anything.

It is amazing how things are so different in other parts of the world.
The family is going to the Cinema on Friday afternoon to watch the new Croods movie!
We're in a second lockdown to break the increasing R number before Christmas. Before the lockdown cinemas were open.

Magna Carta of 1215 was immediately annulled by pope Innocent III anyway.
That coat of arms she's laminated has bugger all to do with anything.

Freeman family arms, from google. So indeed, bugger all to do with "freemen" of the country.

Freeman Family Crest and History

In the Emperor thread I mentioned these 'Freemen on the Land' types who claim 'statute law does not qpply as I do not consent'. I have only met them twice on duty. Once when he said we could not come into his property - so we put the door in and handed him his copy of the search warrant (and nicked him for possession) and once when a lad declined to give me his details - I told him he had a choice. Give them to me or to the Custody Sergeant who was a miserable cnut and would likely throw him in a cell for a bit first. He thought about it and gave me his details. We tend to just say 'That's nice, but your words have no meaning'.

I did have one woman demand I recite the Oath of Office to prove I was 'acting on oath' I told her I couldn't even remember what day of the week it was!

And just to clear things up, despite what the internet may say -No, you cannot p1ss in my hat if you are pregnant and yes, I can arrest you if I'm in uniform but not wearing said hat.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oh it gets better!

Now, hands up those who can poke holes in that? Cause there's a couple of those entries that I know are easy to shoot down.

And seeing as this is the Naafi:

Those glasses are big enough to qualify as a visor

NSP

LE
There is also this tiniest of flies in her legal ointment
"Clause 61

The original 1215 version of Magna Carta had 63 clauses. Only four of these clauses are still relevant today, according to the parliament website. Clause 61 is not among these, as it was omitted from all subsequent versions of Magna Carta and was never incorporated into English law"
Most people don't seem to know much at all about that which they spout. Like the original MC was annulled within months by the Pope. Or that it wasn't until the fourth iteration in 1297 that it even began to get near to forming the foundations of what these days we would recognise as the basis of our system of jurisprudence.

Or - crucially - that as a result of successive Parliaments and centuries of case law and statute MC has absolutely no standing in the actual law at all, and hasn't for some considerable time.

Most people don't seem to know much at all about that which they spout. Like the original MC was annulled within months by the Pope. Or that it wasn't until the fourth iteration in 1297 that it even began to get near to forming the foundations of what these days we would recognise as the basis of our system of jurisprudence.

Or - crucially - that as a result of successive Parliaments and centuries of case law and statute MC has absolutely no standing in the actual law at all, and hasn't for some considerable time.
To be fair though, a sizeable majority of people don’t have beards, and stockings to match. What may seem perfectly clear to you, may not to others.

Regardless, I’m quite leathered now and about to go to bed. Nsure what point I was actually trying to make.

NSP

LE
To be fair though, a sizeable majority of people don’t have beards, and stockings to match. What may seem perfectly clear to you, may not to others.

Regardless, I’m quite leathered now and about to go to bed. Nsure what point I was actually trying to make.
Well, that doesn't describe me as any beard I may choose to (re)grow would not match the colour of any stockings I may or may not choose to purchase in the future.

There's only one colour that stockings should come in and it's not fucking white!!

Issued, anulled, amended, reissued, repeatedly reissued and mostly subsumed or replaced as time went on.

None of this changes anything about the significance of the original document or the later amended versions.

Latest Threads