Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dim woman fined 27k for not closing her hairdressing salon

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Ha ha.

First, according to that article: £4,000+£10,000+£,10,000 =£27,000, unless I missed the extra £3,000 somewhere?

But lets talk about this:
"I don’t consent to any fines, so it will just be returned to sender."
Look on the bright side, she's about to get a criminal record. I don't know about the business ones, but I think they're the same as the individual ones, although I'll happily concede they're not. The personnel ones are Fixed Penalty Notices. Which means they're issued, and you have X days to pay up. If you pay up then they're effectively dealt with. If not you get taken to court and get a criminal record.

At least locally the Police are switching on their BWV and steaming into offenders premises. That way if the criminal turns round and says "nope, I was wearing my mask", then they trot out the footage in court. It'll be fun to see her arguing in court when the reality hits her.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think she is in the EM thread, but this is dedication to bellendry that deserves it's own thread.
I look forward to the inevitable upset and outrage when she finds out she can't fight 'the man' and of course her attempt to raise funds online

The_Duke

LE
The Epsilons have really got into this idea of "Freeman of the land, I don't consent" bollocks. A shame it has never held up in court. Ever. Anywhere

(caveat - to the best of my knowledge. Happy to be proven wrong).

She's justifying this under Article 61 of Magna Carta - for anyone interested, it's below. I've been through it twice and can't see any specific reference to 'dressers of hair may remaineth open in the face of evil pestilence', but perhaps I've missed that.

61) SINCE WE HAVE GRANTED ALL THESE THINGS for God, for the better ordering of our kingdom, and to allay the discord that has arisen between us and our barons, and since we desire that they shall be enjoyed in their entirety, with lasting strength, for ever, we give and grant to the barons the following security:

The barons shall elect twenty-five of their number to keep, and cause to be observed with all their might, the peace and liberties granted and confirmed to them by this charter.

If we, our chief justice, our officials, or any of our servants offend in any respect against any man, or transgress any of the articles of the peace or of this security, and the offence is made known to four of the said twenty-five barons, they shall come to us – or in our absence from the kingdom to the chief justice – to declare it and claim immediate redress. If we, or in our absence abroad the chief justice, make no redress within forty days, reckoning from the day on which the offence was declared to us or to him, the four barons shall refer the matter to the rest of the twenty-five barons, who may distrain upon and assail us in every way possible, with the support of the whole community of the land, by seizing our castles, lands, possessions, or anything else saving only our own person and those of the queen and our children, until they have secured such redress as they have determined upon. Having secured the redress, they may then resume their normal obedience to us.

Any man who so desires may take an oath to obey the commands of the twenty-five barons for the achievement of these ends, and to join with them in assailing us to the utmost of his power. We give public and free permission to take this oath to any man who so desires, and at no time will we prohibit any man from taking it. Indeed, we will compel any of our subjects who are unwilling to take it to swear it at our command.

If one of the twenty-five barons dies or leaves the country, or is prevented in any other way from discharging his duties, the rest of them shall choose another baron in his place, at their discretion, who shall be duly sworn in as they were.

In the event of disagreement among the twenty-five barons on any matter referred to them for decision, the verdict of the majority present shall have the same validity as a unanimous verdict of the whole twenty-five, whether these were all present or some of those summoned were unwilling or unable to appear.

The twenty-five barons shall swear to obey all the above articles faithfully, and shall cause them to be obeyed by others to the best of their power.

We will not seek to procure from anyone, either by our own efforts or those of a third party, anything by which any part of these concessions or liberties might be revoked or diminished. Should such a thing be procured, it shall be null and void and we will at no time make use of it, either ourselves or through a third party.

The Epsilons have really got into this idea of "Freeman of the land, I don't consent" bollocks. A shame it has never held up in court. Ever. Anywhere

"Freeperson", you sexist rotter.

Quite a few of them have gone to court and suddenly decided that the freeman of the land is a load of bollocks once their brief has explained a few things to them.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Is epsilon the civ equivalent of someone who believes a barrack room lawyer?

On this side of the pond Toronto entered a 28 day lockdown that started Monday and one individual that runs a BBQ restaurant decided he was going to open Tuesday for indoor dining. He was all over social media Monday lipping how the government can’t stop him and he opened for business yesterday morning and attracted the anti-mask/ government conspiracy crowd who were there for support. Plod showed up with bylaw enforcement officers and gave an order to shut down which he did not heed. The officials wisely left as they didn’t have the bodies to deal with so many fückwits only to return later when the restaurant was cleared out and ready to close. The owner was served an indefinite shut down notice and is now facing business license, public health, building code, and fire code violations on top of fines up to a 100 thousand Canadian.

Last edited:
There's quite a few clips on social media of dimwit restaurant and gym owners - amongst others - claiming they do not consent to the authority of 'commercial courts' and thus do not consent to 'Covid legislation', citing the Magna Carta, oblivious that the purpose of the Great Charter was to divert more power to the Barons, rather than vested solely in the Sovereign.

It's pity Bedlam is no longer open and available for viewing some of these unbelievably stupid people, who think the law doesn't apply to them when it is inconvenient.

The_Duke

LE
Is epsilon the civ equivalent of someone who believes a barrack room lawyer?
Not a fan of Aldous Huxley? They are the lowest caste in his novel "Brave New World" -

Epsilons- Epsilons wear the colour black. Epsilons are the lowest caste and can not read or write. Epsilons are deprived of 80% of their oxygen and have the most alcohol in their blood surrogates. Epsilons have to do the worst jobs that no one else wants to do.​

On this side of the pond Toronto entered a 28 lockdown that started Monday and one individual that runs a BBQ restaurant decided he was going to open Tuesday for indoor dining. He was all over social media Monday lipping how the government can’t stop him and he opened for business yesterday morning and attracted the anti-mask/ government conspiracy crowd who were there for support. Plod showed up with bylaw enforcement officers and gave an order to shut down which he did not heed. The officials wisely left as they didn’t have the bodies to deal with so many fückwits only to return later when the restaurant was cleared out and ready to close. The owner was served an indefinite shut down notice and is now facing business license, public health, building code, and fire code violations on top of fines up to a 100 thousand Canadian.
Hes a rebel

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not a fan of Aldous Huxley? They are the lowest caste in his novel "Brave New World" -

Epsilons- Epsilons wear the colour black. Epsilons are the lowest caste and can not read or write. Epsilons are deprived of 80% of their oxygen and have the most alcohol in their blood surrogates. Epsilons have to do the worst jobs that no one else wants to do.​

Sounds like your average 80s squaddie!

Epsilons- Epsilons wear Adidas. Epsilons are the lowest caste and can not read or write. Epsilons are deprived of 80% of their oxygen and have the most alcohol in their blood surrogates. Epsilons have to do the worst jobs that no one else wants to do.​

Updated for you.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Ha ha.

1606318101630.png

Latest Threads