Dilemma - what should I do?

I understand exactly what DV entails or I wouldn’t have mentioned it. I never said I would cheat, or whether it is even possible to do so. There are ‘aides’ such as spectacles which are allowed in the test which could assist the person in certain circumstances.

It is a little harsh to question my integrity or imply its already ‘curtains’ for me when you don’t know the slightest thing about me.

I never said I wanted to cheat...I am merely mentioning the open secret in the army that the corps sargents and local units are pretty open and blazè about lying or witholding info (with regards to medical information), and if you slip through then bravo... tell me im lying or I am wrong. There is no way to cheat the eye test unless you had it in advance and memorized it perfectly.

What I want is to be accepted and not be sidelined for a redundant test which doesnt seem to factor into anybody’s ability to actually perform the role it would appear.

As for the last part, I assume you don’t understand the CP2-CP4 scale.

Last edited:
FWIW from a foreigner, there will always be others who appear to get fortuitous breaks that are unavailable to you....unless you cheat or otherwise try to game the "system." Such is life.

You have to decide what YOUR moral compass is and I urge you to get that well settled before you enter the military. While we do live in a post-modern world where ethics and values are scoffed at by many civilians, the military, as a somewhat cloistered society, still places a high value on personal honesty and integrity.

In a relatively small universe of the military in general, and your corps or regiment in particular, your reputation will be quickly established for better or worse and it will thereafter precede you wherever you are assigned.

You are completely right, and obviously know far more about the DV process than me.

I suggest that unless you have been through the DV process, you do not know what it entails, or the depth into your life it goes. But what would I know, compared to a 24yr old civilian.

"not be sidelined for a redundant test which doesnt seem to factor into anybody’s ability to actually perform the role it would appear "

Personally, I think you have a personality problem - so far from your first post and the quote above you strike me as an individual who thinks the world is beholden to them. Maybe the concept of 'standards' is troubling you, and you think it is "unfair" that because you don't meet the standard, the Forces is closed to you.

Colour blindness is a hazard in the Forces. Its a basic requirement to be able to read a map, and be able to differentiate between green, red, and blue. There is signage that comes in different colours, leads that come in different colours, ammunition is marked in different colours, computer graphics come in different colours, presentations use different colours to highlight key information.

As for knowing anything about you? Never said you would cheat?

" I still havent done the assessment day yet and ive read a few threads about cheating the colour perception test... whether thats even a possibility or if its an option. "

Your words. Your statement is implicitly asking if cheating is a possibility or an option, and you have read multiple threads regarding cheating. If you get caught cheating the system, you are out. Simples. It has nothing to do regarding how well I know you.

Well rest assured I won’t be cheating as it is impossible barring knowing the test in advance and having an immaculate memory. Not to mention the clear points made here that it does violate the ethics of the armed forxes. I will go to the assessment day and if I don’t make it I don’t make it. That said it only bars me from cp2 jobs which are few, but we’ll see.

There are varying degrees of colour blindness reflected in the army’s criteria. Its for the recruitment to decide. While I reapect the fact that Tiny Lewis you are experienced and older, you aren’t giving reflective or helpful feedback on this issue and just improvising, presumably from experience which doesnt reflect the truth of overall army eligibility and colourblindness.

To get back to your initial post before someone snacks you over the head with a handbag or stiletto*.

1 who told you your colour blindness will bar you from the Int Corps? was it in a random internet page or old leaflet you saw? Apply on line anyway, fill in the forms, do the medical then let 'them' tell you your unsuitable.

2 if the Corps won't accept you who will? Before you set your heart on being an Apache pilot find out first what roles are open to you. Again this is a question for 'them' (them Capita not them THEM).

3 once you do have the list of units that you might be eligible for go and have a chat with them. Just because you think you might want to be a signaler you might find they are all *******. The thing that will keep you in a unit are the people not the role (usually). Find People you think you'll get on with.

*Only happened to me once, still have no idea what I did to deserve it!

Sluggy - the only throne stone I can think of is the one the Queen (or other sovereign as appropriate) sits in during the coronation and similar ceremonies.

Oh wait, you said "thrown" not "throne" ... never mind

" you aren’t giving reflective or helpful feedback on this issue"

Sometimes, advice isn't packaged up in nice little bundles, it comes as an experience.

" you aren’t giving reflective or helpful feedback on this issue"

Sometimes, advice isn't packaged up in nice little bundles, it comes as an experience.

I was trying to be diplomatic but what I really meant was you are talking utter bollacks and don’t know what you’re talking about.

I already work for the MOD and have SC so enough with your bullshit stereotypes old timer. Next you’ll be banging on about brexit and flashing your bus pass at me.

I was trying to be diplomatic but what I really meant was you are talking utter bollacks and don’t know what you’re talking about.

I already work for the MOD and have SC so enough with your bullshit stereotypes old timer. Next you’ll be banging on about brexit and flashing your bus pass at me.
What a rude young man you are.

I assume that you understand what a DV vetting entails? The glib answer is "yes, they want to know everything".

The reality is, DV vetting is a thorough investigation of your life in ways you will find extremely uncomfortable. If something is uncovered that you did not admit prior to the process, you had better have a very, very good explanation.

Yet you want to 'cheat' the colour perception test. When this is discovered - and it will be - how will you explain it? It is highly unlikely that even in role such as Infantry you would be allowed to soldier on; a) you do not meet the required standard, b) you have just shown a lack of integrity.

In a DV role, it's curtains as you have just demonstrated that you cannot be trusted.

You have to realise that the Army has standards, and if you do not meet them then you cannot join.
And that it takes months.

What a rude young man you are.
Sorry just realised you were a different poster. Why am I rude? I came on here for candidate advice and Little Lewis is trying to be mr big man no bullshit, which is fine and to be expected on here, but when you’re clearly spouting false info about Colour Perception, somehow psychoanalysing somebody from what.. 4 posts on here and then just outright trolling then sorry If I don’t take you seriously and prefer to focus on those actually giving constructive, fact driven feedback. I’m not on this thread to nosh anyone off im here for answers from ppl who know the score.

******* hell - colour blindness?

I think your problem is closer to Inability-to-self-reflect-and-tell-when-I'm-coming-across-as-a-complete-bellthronk blindness!

What I want is to be accepted and not be sidelined for a redundant test which doesnt seem to factor into anybody’s ability to actually perform the role it would appear.

As for the last part, I assume you don’t understand the CP2-CP4 scale.
Why do you assume that colour-blindness is a "redundant" test which doesn't factor into ability to perform the role?

Sorry just realised you were a different poster. Why am I rude? I came on here for candidate advice and Little Lewis is trying to be mr big man no bullshit, which is fine and to be expected on here, but when you’re clearly spouting false info about Colour Perception, somehow psychoanalysing somebody from what.. 4 posts on here and then just outright trolling then sorry If I don’t take you seriously and prefer to focus on those actually giving constructive, fact driven feedback. I’m not on this thread to nosh anyone off im here for answers from ppl who know the score.
Knob.

Why do you assume that colour-blindness is a "redundant" test which doesn't factor into ability to perform the role?
I’m not sure if it was you or not (same display pic) but I have read a number of articles on here and other places where other INT/ EX-INT have said “oh I joined and passed with flyIng colours and worked here for 4 years and only found out when i was transferring” and similar anecdotal evidence.

Granted its not for me to say as I can’t judge, but I guess I want to believe that for selfish reasons and must vary based on the person.

Ps: im not saying it was you personally who said it but Ive seen that display in the thread where posts have said similar remarks

No you're not. You're here to see if anyone agrees with you about cheating. We've seen loads of posts like yours so it's quite easy to read between the lines.