dilemma... hmmm

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Chris_2oo6, Sep 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right.. i'm english, but my applications goin through the wrexham office.. said on the info sheet with the dvd in the post, that it was the nearest

i wanna join the infantry... was lookin at the cheshires... there tryin to push me into the welsh guards though... which am not too keen about

A - am english
    B - not really into standin outside buckingham palace with 1 of those twat hats on

anyone in the welsh guards ere? do the guards get less operations than other infantry units?

need to ring the AFCO tomorrow with my 3 job choices, and to arrange interview

any help appreciated.

2. But can't write it?
    Try having some respect. Chav.

3. sorry for not bein politically correct.

4. I have no time for political correctness. Just show a little respect for the Welsh Guards. You'll not find better men.

5. i've got respect for everyone in the forces mate believe you me

i just don't really fancy the idea of standin outside buckingham palace etc

i'd rather join a light infantry regiment, i've just heard mixed opinions about the welsh guards, that they spend more time doin ceremonial stuff than on operations, which isn't the reason i wanna join the army.

think i might just go for the royal welsh if they aren't keen on the cheshires...

p.s. i'm far from a chav.

6. Yes the welsh are renowned for being 'good men'

7. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Not even at Hereford?

8. chris, dont do anything that you dont want to, if its not your cup of tea tell the AFCO that your not joining them!
    consider mechanised infantry, light div, etc also

9. will do mate

think i'm gonna go with the royal welsh.. apparently they're movin to chester barracks in 2008 which would be handy

seens i live about 2miles from chester.

10. why join the army to be based 2 miles from home. whatever happened to wanting to see the world?

11. i do. but as there tryin to get me into a welsh regiment

i'd rather join the royal welsh rather than the welsh guards...

i'd still be able to see the world.. just if i wernt on operations it wouldnt take me long to get home on a weekend

12. you fella are 100% chav.

13. Why didn't you ask the question sooner? Don't base your future career based on a few thoughts from ARRSE the night before you're to ring AFCO. If you provide 3 choices you can always change later. Don't be pushed into something that you're not really keen on.

14. and what makes ya think that?

am not gonna take the bait anyway

think what u want mate..doesent arse me the slightest

15. the way you spell.