DILEMA

A

ally133

orite lads, ok hears the deal, i can either accept my 3rd job choice as a electronic systems opperator and start basic in april time, or i can go back to rsc and re-sit my maths test, and get another 6 points so i have 37 and become a systems engineer tech and start in 02 january 2007!? what do you guys think i should do?

If you think that you CAN score higher in your maths test, go Tech. Use the extra time as a civvy to become seriously fit.

Just a hint! :wink:

What other trade was in your top three? I agree with biscuits advice about trade selection but don't see how starting in Jan instead of Apr is going to give you any extra time as a civ.

As a matter of interest what was your Literacy score? It doesn't look like it's tested.

ABrighter2006 said:
Do Systems Engineer - Tech use keyboards?
Nah - that's the corps band piano section, mate.

ally133 said:
orite lads, ok hears the deal, i can either accept my 3rd job choice as a electronic systems opperator and start basic in april time, or i can go back to rsc and re-sit my maths test, and get another 6 points so i have 37 and become a systems engineer tech and start in 02 january 2007!? what do you guys think i should do?
Whilst it may be good idea to re-sit your maths test, I would advise that you spend a little time on spelling as well. Neither 'opperator' or 'dilema' reflect the attention to detail that would be required of a Systems Engineer Technician.

ArmyYid said:
Neither 'opperator' or 'dilema' reflect the attention to detail that would be required of a Systems Engineer Technician.
However "oright" somehow makes it passed your spell check? !!!

Spliff-Boy said:
What other trade was in your top three? I agree with biscuits advice about trade selection but don't see how starting in Jan instead of Apr is going to give you any extra time as a civ.

As a matter of interest what was your Literacy score? It doesn't look like it's tested.
:oops: Damn! I knew I should have read the whole thing, but it hurt my eyes!

yodas_pet_rock said:
ArmyYid said:
Neither 'opperator' or 'dilema' reflect the attention to detail that would be required of a Systems Engineer Technician.
However "oright" somehow makes it passed your spell check? !!!
Or past even...

A

ally133

Armyyid, do you have nothing better to do with your time than to check other peoples spelling mistakes? you know i bet i have a higher standard of education than you, but people like myself tend to save time by writing in a shortend mannor, like ppl / people etc. all i wanted was an answer, but you can't do that can't you. i just left 6th form after getting 3 a levels, grades A, C, C, and i don't need you to tell me how to spell ok! pathetic

ally133 said:
Armyyid, do you have nothing better to do with your time than to check other peoples spelling mistakes? you know i bet i have a higher standard of education than you, but people like myself tend to save time by writing in a shortend mannor, like ppl / people etc. all i wanted was an answer, but you can't do that can't you. i just left 6th form after getting 3 a levels, grades A, C, C, and i don't need you to tell me how to spell ok! pathetic
Oh sweet baby jeezuz and the orphans stop it FFS.

He writes PPL and you complain by using etc..... :lol:

A, C, C, Well fook me, give this man a blow job! :roll:

ally133 said:
Wellllllll !!! My turn now.

Let me guess ... was one of those A Levels English? No? ... didn't think so.

ally133 said:
Congratulations Ally, on your no doubt hard earned & well deserved
A - Level results.
I am rather curious, though, as to why your basic numeracy & literacy are so clearly below par, and, more importantly, below the standard required to undertake training as a Royal Signals SET?

I myself can make no such boast with regard to Academic prowess, having singularly failed to impress at A - Level, more through lack of effort than anything else.

I did, however, manage to achieve the basic standards required to undertake Technician training at the basic level (Which, incidentally, was at a markedly higher standard than that expected today) and, consequently, up to & beyond Class I level.

Herein, then, lies the crux of your situation, & I for one would welcome some frank & fruitful debate from our fellow contributors.

Dear readers, what do you think? Has Ally been cruelly let down by the education system? Has he been hood-winked into a state of false expectation by the educational policies pursued by the current administration?

More importantly, perhaps, how does he now resolve this dilemma in which he finds himself?

For what it's worth, here's what I recommend you do...

The next time have occassion to visit your local ACIO, JOG ON you f*cking Mong! Eventually you will reach a ring road or bypass upon which you will undoubtedly find a 'Drive Thru' fast food establishment where you may seek (And no doubt attain) gainful employment.

At this point, I would like to bring to your attention the fact that McDonalds recently rolled out a programme to invest it's esteemed employees with just the skills & qualifications you so clearly lack - try them first.

Upon successful re-training to 5-Star level (And who knows, the heady heights of GCSE Maths & English :D ) you should then return to the Recruiting Office brandishing your A - Level certificates & state your intention to join our illustrious Corps not as a humble Technician but as a Commissioned Officer!

Oh yes, I feel you would be welcomed as a Tp Comd! In fact, you'd fit right in.

Have a nice day, you super-sized C*NT! :twisted:

Steiner

ally133 said:
Why are you asking such a bone question, resiting the test gets you in the army earlier (month 1 is less than month 3 = 1 < 3). Isn't that what you want? I wish I hadn't a degree in maths (from a proper university and from a time when A Levels were hard)- I can't understand the logic of your post

A

ally133

Sgt_Steiner said:
ally133 said:
Congratulations Ally, on your no doubt hard earned & well deserved
A - Level results.
I am rather curious, though, as to why your basic numeracy & literacy are so clearly below par, and, more importantly, below the standard required to undertake training as a Royal Signals SET?

I myself can make no such boast with regard to Academic prowess, having singularly failed to impress at A - Level, more through lack of effort than anything else.

I did, however, manage to achieve the basic standards required to undertake Technician training at the basic level (Which, incidentally, was at a markedly higher standard than that expected today) and, consequently, up to & beyond Class I level.

Herein, then, lies the crux of your situation, & I for one would welcome some frank & fruitful debate from our fellow contributors.

Dear readers, what do you think? Has Ally been cruelly let down by the education system? Has he been hood-winked into a state of false expectation by the educational policies pursued by the current administration?

More importantly, perhaps, how does he now resolve this dilemma in which he finds himself?

For what it's worth, here's what I recommend you do...

The next time have occassion to visit your local ACIO, JOG ON you f*cking Mong! Eventually you will reach a ring road or bypass upon which you will undoubtedly find a 'Drive Thru' fast food establishment where you may seek (And no doubt attain) gainful employment.

At this point, I would like to bring to your attention the fact that McDonalds recently rolled out a programme to invest it's esteemed employees with just the skills & qualifications you so clearly lack - try them first.

Upon successful re-training to 5-Star level (And who knows, the heady heights of GCSE Maths & English :D ) you should then return to the Recruiting Office brandishing your A - Level certificates & state your intention to join our illustrious Corps not as a humble Technician but as a Commissioned Officer!

Oh yes, I feel you would be welcomed as a Tp Comd! In fact, you'd fit right in.

Have a nice day, you super-sized C*NT! :twisted:

Steiner
see what i mean, loser with far to much time on his/hers hands, wot a wan*er you really are

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Captaincunt The NAAFI Bar 131
Lindermyer The NAAFI Bar 85
Joshing-lens The NAAFI Bar 41