DII query

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by polar69, May 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quite a simple one really, how many attempts at a password do you get in DII ?

I have managed to lose the last letter of my password , do you get 26 attempts ?

2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Just ring the SPOC line and get a re-set. Much quicker than pissing around trying. Plus too many attempts upsets the network protection teams as it triggers investigations and all the pain that brings.

3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

SPOC are good - provided that you know the person who should 'authorise' the reset on your site.

4. Im TA so we have to go through our on site contact, not SPOC

Good point about the network team though

5. Password resets are done by Local Security Officers (LSOs). In a TA unit it's normally the PSAO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I just went to our AO, she gave me a new password valid for 24 hrs only, you log on almost immediately and select a new one.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

7. It does seem like an awful lot of bother for a pw reset, I can get my jpa reset over the phone but not my pc login.

What does SPOC stand for again ? Oh yes SINGLE point of contact.

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

DII's ******* hilarious this morning, I've had two random shutdowns already, can't print and can't access my role folder.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Upgrade in progress?

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I'll update it with my boot in a minute.

11. It might only be partially succussful if your boot hasn't been upgraded to a new brown one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's done its job as a single point by directing you to the right place
    If you push it they will not only tell you to go to your LSO, if you are unable to find it out yourself they can go through the list and give you the name & contact details

When you're on DII you can source the live LSO and find the right person / people for your unit / department, and if unavailable find an alternate LSO for the site

Password resets (and the original password when users are created) go through the LSO.
    This is the way to verify you are who you claim to be and are not just phoning a help desk to try and get into someone else's account, and to ensure you are valid for user creation and have the right security credentials

Any LSO can reset passwords for any user within their site credentials (even if not the allocated LSO for your unit), but its up to them to validate you.

13. Im well aware of the reason for going through the LSO thank you, however I am also very aware of how helpdesks work in the IT industry having worked in it since 1997. Not once in that time have I needed to ask my boss to reset my password or account for me, I rung the helpdesk and they did it for me. If SPOC can reset my jpa with two items of information then Im pretty sure DII can be reset in the same way.

For example I could ring SPOC, ask for a DII reset, give them my info, they could verify it with my LSO, using DII which I cant access and then the job could be done.
    And I wouldn't have to wait days, weeks or sometimes months for support.

14. A link for that would be quite useful. My account (and thus my LSO) resides some considerable distance from my place of work, and I had a hell of a job trying to find someone to do a reset.

15. Will do when I'm in tomorow

• Like Like x 1