DII on Mobile

Kingtubzie

Swinger
I have received a few emails on DII now that have been sent from a mobile phone but using their MOD Username.
I can also reply to them when they are on exercise without a laptop.
How can I do this and receive my army emails on a mobile?
Or is there a way to auto forward my DII emails with the OoO assistant with a repeated Release-authorised:
Thanks in advance.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Kingtubzie

Swinger
How do I get myself one of those bad boys. I've got a blackberry. Can I use that do you think?

Or is there a way to auto forward my DII emails with the OoO assistant with a repeated Release-authorised:
If you would like to breach SyOps and fail to make the conscious decision on what content goes out of your account to the internet.

If you want to be in touch then you can give people your mobile number or provide an OoO or 'Rules & alerts' to let senders know your personal 'mobile' email address and let them make the decision as to whether its appropriate to send.

Kingtubzie

Swinger
Ok. I will get my mum to write a letter. She thinks that I am tremendously important.
Who shall I get her to address the letter to?

Kingtubzie

Swinger
If you would like to breach SyOps and fail to make the conscious decision on what content goes out of your account to the internet.

If you want to be in touch then you can give people your mobile number or provide an OoO or 'Rules & alerts' to let senders know your personal 'mobile' email address and let them make the decision as to whether its appropriate to send.
Yer. I guess breaching SyOps is a kinda bad thing to do. Lol

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't rush. The DII blackberry is a bugger to use, and means you are 'at work' 24 hours a day.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using ARRSE mobile app

Kingtubzie

Swinger
Ok cool. I guess I have the answers I need.
Many thanks guys n girls.

Gerge211

Swinger
I like the MoD Blackberry, it means you can keep up with your inbox when out and about. It does have pros and cons. The interface takes a bit getting used to, but is Ok. The fact it only synchs with your Outlook inbox, not all your mail folders is a bit naff. Particularly the fact that you can't completely delete items. If you delete an item on the Blackberry it puts it into your deleted items folder, you can't empty the deleted items folder until you get to a DII terminal. This is a bit of a pain when you exceed your storage limit and can't transmit until you have reduced your mailbox size. You can browse intranet sites but it struggles with MOSS. It's not great but well worth it if you can persuade the CoC to give you one.

Does anyone know why Armynet cannot be accessed on a Windows phone? Is this the same with other mobile phones?

Does anyone know why Armynet cannot be accessed on a Windows phone? Is this the same with other mobile phones?
Can get it on iPhone. I think it has something to do with windows phones being crap. :)

tocsin

Clanker
Have Armymail and can get to DLE on a Windows phone... wait one...

Yep, Armynet access ok as well (though not all functions/ content appears on the mobile page)

Have Armymail and can get to DLE on a Windows phone... wait one...

Yep, Armynet access ok as well (though not all functions/ content appears on the mobile page)
That's odd. My Windows phone gets a sad on once I've got into Armynet and try to open mail.

I think I'm still going to have to shell out £600 on a Samsung S6 to be sure.

tocsin

Clanker
I do mail as a standard service like my other email accounts rather than through the website (there are instructions on Armynet, and a few set up hoops to go through) HTH

I do mail as a standard service like my other email accounts rather than through the website (there are instructions on Armynet, and a few set up hoops to go through) HTH
Holy sheiser balls, I got it to work! (Now I just need to find a way of getting people to stop asking me to do work)

The Defence Gateway is painful to navigate, fortunately some AR unit put a link on their Facebook account...

The phrase to search on is "email on your phone" in the Defence Gateway search field.

Kingtubzie

Swinger
You have to be tremendously important and no you can't use your own.
The day has finally arrived, I am deemed important enough to be issued a MODNet iPhone.
It's on order at the moment.
I am just wondering, what model are they issuing? This is so I can order a phone case for it.
Many thanks

Latest Threads