DII Menu Problem

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

This is now, finally, sorted to an extent. I can't make the pull down menu work as the browser is both out of date and handicapped for security reasons I assume. Therefore "use the sitemap" appears in the header as shown below on machines, like DII, which use Internet Explorer 6 or older, and have javascript disabled.
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'd be grateful if someone can confirm that this works OK by the way.
  3. Everything appears to be ok from work which uses IE6 and steam!!, I'll try at home later when I knock off :D
  4. 'Sitemap' appears in the footer menu not the header (as shown on your piccy thumbnail - which I can't open 'cos I'm n DII), but it works. The 'My Stuff' now points me to my profile.
  5. not 100% sure I understand Legs - are you using DII and saying that you don't see the white "the menu may not work.." in the header? Can you give me the browser version from Help, About please.
  6. I don't see any white banner, nore does 'sitemap' appear in the header menu.

DII(F) with IE6 ver
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

8. e-mail sent
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Nothing though yet which makes me suspect our email. Can you double check it was sent OK and isn't sitting in the outbox? Did you get an auto-response from us?
  10. It might not have got through the server, 'cos that has died and we've lost all Outlook functionality. Bloody cheapskate tinpot system!
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Well, the good news is that with those browser settings our menu should work on DII. I took IE6, copied the settings and it works fine, but the bad news is obviously that I therefore can't test and that I didn't find a cure, unless...

I have tried one possible fix - is it working or broken now?
  12. <Legs cowers under her chair as she whipers>

Sorry boss. No change this end. It works using the 'Sitemap' at the footer, so don't bust a gut over it.
  13. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Turning into a bit of a personal crusade this one, but one I feel I might have to stop. Is there a DII symbol that everyone would recognise? I could make that appear in the header when anyone uses IE6 and that would also lead to the sitemap.

Or I just put an ugly "if the menu doesn't work...." for all IE6 users. A more attractive icon would be better.

One more.... does anyone use / know of a system other than DII which has this problme. ie. If the menu doesn't work and you're NOT using DII then please post in here and let me know. Maybe I can spot a common characteristic.
  14. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Unfortunately the DII symbol doesn't appear on my machine. Also there are now no links to the Sitemap available from the top menu anymore ......
  15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

What is the DII symbol? Can you email me one or post it here?