DII Login

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by stormtrooper2006, Mar 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the crack is for DII I've been told I need an account by one person then told by my PASO that I'm not entitled to have access to DII as I am not an officer or an NCO.

2. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Entitlement to a DII login has nothing to do with rank, thats simply ludicrous. It's more about need.

I can't recall the full spiel but if you're in phase 1/2 training your HR george (JPA) is normally covered by Unit HR staff, thereafter you should have DII access even as an occasional user to do that yourself.

3. If you have to do anything on JPA you will need a DII account (or one of the legacy systems)

4. There are 2 different types of DII account, every one is entitled to an occasional user account so you can get on to JPA and some basic access to a computer when needed.

The other account is role specific and is for the people who use DII for alot more then just JPA, all offices and most SNCO will have one you will also find a lot of people in some units of lower ranks will have them as well if they are in a job that needs one.

All I can say is if you don't have one how do you access JPA cause if you are using some one else's account you are breaking JSP 440 and can get in the world of poo if some one finds out.

5. I had to do the JPA e-learning before they would give me my Dii login. Have you completed that 'course'?

6. JSP 440 never herd of it to be honest.

I've been out of training since 2010. I've always been told to go to the pay clerk for JPA and he sorts it out all I ever do is log into it. This to me just sounds like the way In which my unit is running this is not the way it is supposed to be done.

The reason I'm asking is because I've been told to get myself on DII and have a look at the Electronic battle box by my coy 2i/c.

Basically from what I can gather then my PASO is talking bollocks.

Is JSP 440 on armynet or anything like that ?

7. JSP 440 is the book on security.

In my unit it is the job of the clerks to demand DII accounts. Your unit should have a authorised demander.

The only thing I can think off is TA are different to regular when it comes to DII accounts, however you are still not meant to use some one else's account.

8. Despite what everyone seems to think, you don't need dii to access JPA. Every (large) establishment should have a JPA suite somewhere that allows access purely to JPA with no need for any other accounts.

Also, allowing someone to log onto JPA through your dii account does not breach JSP 440.

9. See you have used that word, there are lots of things that should happen. There is absolutely no problem with every single soldier in a unit having their own DII account (occasional user). The problem is then obtaining space on a terminal because although most (probably all) units where allocated 'kiosk' terminals as part of their allocation, the vast majority of these terminals are now sitting elsewhere.

You are absolutely right you can access your JPA on anyone's account, however, that person has to log onto DII and stay with you throughout if he is not to breach 440

• Like Like x 1
  10. It may well be the way your TA unit works the system as most TA units do not have enough terminals to go round as the ones there are used by the permanent staff. There has been a recent increase in the number of logons for TA unit personnel so you may well eventually benefit.

If your PSAO cannot or will not supply you with a logon so you can follow your 2IC's direction, go back to your 2IC and tell him/her you cannot follow direction and explain the reason why!

11. The only place I have seen one of these suits was at Blandford. We had a bank of terminals issued to put in the naffi bar area so the guys could do there admin at any time. Yes they would still need a DII log on as that is what they are DII. The thing that stopped this happening was not the terminals going else were but the fact they have wifi in the bar, and you are not allowed DII and wifi in the same area.

12. Going off thread a bit, but access to DII and JPA is a pereninal bugbear. The security is well over the top for essentially an enterprise ICT system. It is good that defence is moving this way, but our people need easy and readilly available access to it!

My civvy company is quite happy to use Outlook Web access, via a secure portal, to allow access to my corporate email when I only have access via the web. We need a "Bronze" access level that allows soldiers access to JPA, the DLP and unclass email.

13. Blandford used to have a JPA suite in one of the Trg buildings (possibly Catterick), the large blue one with the staircase with the glass tiles. Had about 10 terminals in their IICR

14. That's the one.