DII Home User Program

You used to be able to get Microsoft Office for £17 so I was wondering if anybody has got the url from the intranet as I can't find it anywhere. :frustrated:

I'm assuming its still going.

It is still going. If you dig about on the defence home page you should be able to find it.

Alternatively,

Get rid of the steaming pile of shite that is Microsoft and come across to the dark side...

the_matelot said:
Alternatively,

Get rid of the steaming pile of shite that is Microsoft and come across to the dark side...

Would that not require you to be inpostention of said Mac?? :)

I have an old G3 Clamshell iBook somewhere, but could never find a fcuking word processer or anyother sort of office type ap for it, I was even willing to pay! :frustrated:

EEU_196 said:
Apple is for gays and posh cnuts.
No, it's for people who need their systems to be stable. Care to back up your comments with facts?

rockdj99uk said:
You used to be able to get Microsoft Office for £17 so I was wondering if anybody has got the url from the intranet as I can't find it anywhere. :frustrated:

"https://sabs.sbl.r.mil.uk/"

Works on TAFMIS but not on CASH. I don't know about DII.

I ordered Office 2003 on 19 Jan 07 and it arrived on 29 Jan 07. Not bad at all. Cost £17.31 and not a penny more.

You can buy:
- Microsoft Office Professional 2003 - £437.99 on Amazon
- Microsoft Project Standard 2003 - £447.99 on Amazon
- Microsoft Viso Prof 2003 - £367.99 on Amazon
- Microsoft Frontpage 2003 - £143.99 on Amazon
- Microsoft Office for Mac - £349.99 on Amazon
each for £17.31.

Interceptor said:
rockdj99uk said:

I ordered Office 2003 on 19 Jan 07 and it arrived on 29 Jan 07. Not bad at all. Cost £17.31 and not a penny more.

You can buy:
each for £17.31.
Fcuk me, that's expensive is it not? I got mine from a mate for bugger all.

devilish said:
Interceptor said:
rockdj99uk said:

You can buy:
each for £17.31.
Fcuk me, that's expensive is it not? I got mine from a mate for bugger all.
£17.31 is not expensive for this software. And you get a legitimate license with it, which you don't have.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Interceptor said:
£17.31 is not expensive for this software. And you get a legitimate license with it, which you don't have.
Depends on your needs.

My version of Office, etc, cost £17.31 less than yours did. Everything I print out isn't going to self destruct just because mine isn't licenced.

As a standalone user, then i recommend paying the same price as me - a grand total of fcuk all.

The link works on DII too, I have ordered 3 of the things from the site in the past 18 months.

As for the Mac - I'm typing away on mine now (before going out to an upmarket, ex-public schoolboy packed gay night, apparently) and you can get Microsoft Office for Mac via the sabs website as well. Much as I hate giving even £17.31 to Bill Bl**dy Gates, it does mean that I can work at home on my own laptop without having to lug home one of the 22Kg 'portable' computers with the 20 minute battery life that the MOD kindly offers on loan so that people can work in their own time...

the_man said:
Hmmm...link not working from my DII machine - anyone got alternative or a phone number for this deal?
Which link are you trying?

I have just got Office 2008 for the Mac for £17

msr

sabs.sbl.r.mil.uk

as per teh link on the pdf (linked from top of page)

It searches for ages and then says no page found. Have googled it with no avail and cannot find it on the defence home page...but can rarely find anything I am looking for on defence homepage

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Army Pay, Claims & JPA 10
A The Intelligence Cell 6
tattybadger Weapons, Equipment & Rations 23