DII (F) Memory Sticks - P2P

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Mongoose, Oct 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know the name of the DII(F) compliant memory sticks on p2p?

Cheers,

MG.

2. I don't know whereabouts you are MG but I have been informed that certain Bde HQs have shedloads of DII(F) compliant memory sticks but have been told not to issue them until authorised by Div!

PW

3. Agreed. The DII/C sticks are in use but DII/F has not yet permitted the use of the next version!

A pain!

Litotes

4. I've been fed a pack of lies! (as usual), the local scaley unit told me they had ordered some...bastards.

5. They can be bought from the ICS catalogue from a company called SDMS - they come correctly colour coded etc. About 80 quid for 5 if i remember correctly.

6. I only want 1 but then I only need my F laptop to work and all will be well in the world

7. You're not far off-they're charging a fcuking extortionate amount of money for usb drives that have a pathetic amount of memory. I think it's something like 20 odd quid for a 256mb stick.

To put it into context, I've just bought a 8gb usb stick for 8.99 from Amazon. I know there is accreditation issues however even with that cost built in, the MOD is getting ripped off big-time.

8. And you're surprised because.....?

9. In what part of my post did I say I was surprised? :D

10. I have one....I use it :) It's a cheap crappy 1Gb stick....and a horrible mustard/brown colour.