Digital DPM

#1
Not many pics around for future army dress, and in particular, DPM, or you havent got to a FAD presentation yet

Heres what its going to look like. Typical a civvie company can produce it, and yet, its not even issued yet.

Im not saying that this kit is available for issue, just what the digital DPM (British) pattern is going to look like when you do get it

 
#2
Where did you get the info that this will be the new issue DPM? On HERRICK recently we were issued Grab Bags in what will be the new style DPM and it was nothing like the pictures you have displayed. The new issue DPM will not be digitised for a start and unfortunately looks like the sort of DPM the armies of Oman or UAE would wear.
 

napier

LE
Moderator
Kit Reviewer
#5


This is what we are getting, the temperate DPM will be largely like the current, but a bit lighter. All webbing, CBA, etc will be in an in-between shade.
 
#6
A few pointers from a recent meeting with a selection of 'stars'.

- The colour scheme will be lightened, will not contain black and will be designed to be compatible with all terrains - it will not, specifically, be 'desert camouflage'.

- The colour scheme and cut will deliberatley not make us look like the US.

- As of a few (3 or 4) weeks ago there was no decision on whether the pattern would be Splash (the current style of DPM), Pixelated (the current style but with square edges) or Digital (lots of little squares!). It may surprise some but there is little difference in the camouflage capability between the three - this has more to do with the colour.

As long as the Guards remain uninvolved in its genesis I'm sure it will end up as a quality piece of kit.
 
#7
I thought the black was IR resistant? That's what I was told some hmmmm years ago and it was why we had to have our uniforms dry cleaned rather than washed.
 
#9
I have seen piccys of digital DPM however it was in a Viper catalouge....the shame


now able to see the posted pics, kinda proves my point.
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#10
napier said:


This is what we are getting, the temperate DPM will be largely like the current, but a bit lighter. All webbing, CBA, etc will be in an in-between shade.
Just the job for autumn combat.
Will the body armour be issued with a white cover and a flowery cover to allow operations in all seasons?
 
#12
Sangreal is largely correct. There are trials going on at the moment to examine a range of colours derived from HERRICK and wider experience. The aim is to produce a multi-terrain camouflage that has utility across a wide range of environments and specifically for those troops transitioning across - eg Green Zone to Desert and back. Initially this is for Op HERRICK only but may become a wider UK camouflage.

A full range of colour options are being examined, devloped both commercially and "in house".

Along with the colours, a range of patterns is being examined. As has been previously stated, pattern makes very little difference to performance so a wide range of options can be considered from the current UK DPM style, to digital to some other suitably "ally" patterns. This process will include gathering a wide range of views from serving personnel across all ranks.

The work that was done on PECOC is being included but this may well overtake the PECOC designs so the images shown above of the PECOC trials may well not be the future camouflage.

No decisions yet, no output yet. Watch this and other official spaces.
 
#13
Gearspotter said:
Sangreal is largely correct. There are trials going on at the moment to examine a range of colours derived from HERRICK and wider experience. The aim is to produce a multi-terrain camouflage that has utility across a wide range of environments and specifically for those troops transitioning across - eg Green Zone to Desert and back. Initially this is for Op HERRICK only but may become a wider UK camouflage.

A full range of colour options are being examined, devloped both commercially and "in house".

Along with the colours, a range of patterns is being examined. As has been previously stated, pattern makes very little difference to performance so a wide range of options can be considered from the current UK DPM style, to digital to some other suitably "ally" patterns. This process will include gathering a wide range of views from serving personnel across all ranks.

The work that was done on PECOC is being included but this may well overtake the PECOC designs so the images shown above of the PECOC trials may well not be the future camouflage.

No decisions yet, no output yet. Watch this and other official spaces.
F**k me...! One Camo for the world? How many patterns of Oak Leaf did the boxheads come up with the 40's?

Sounds a bit like cheap bitach to me....
 
#14
Which DPM are the taliban wearing these days?
 
#15
Arktis did a digicam which looks (in my opinion) a whole lot better than the viper stuff.Have got water proof smock and combat trousers in it.Will post pic of smock later

FFD
 
#16
[cynic]

This is just the current DMP pixellated. Has it been very naughty?

[/cynic.]
 
#17
Sangreal said:
A few pointers from a recent meeting with a selection of 'stars'.

- The colour scheme will be lightened, will not contain black .
AS any fule no, there is no black in nature.

At last peeps are listening to Snipers.
 
#18
Kitmarlowe said:
Gearspotter said:
Sangreal is largely correct. There are trials going on at the moment to examine a range of colours derived from HERRICK and wider experience. The aim is to produce a multi-terrain camouflage that has utility across a wide range of environments and specifically for those troops transitioning across - eg Green Zone to Desert and back. Initially this is for Op HERRICK only but may become a wider UK camouflage.

A full range of colour options are being examined, devloped both commercially and "in house".

Along with the colours, a range of patterns is being examined. As has been previously stated, pattern makes very little difference to performance so a wide range of options can be considered from the current UK DPM style, to digital to some other suitably "ally" patterns. This process will include gathering a wide range of views from serving personnel across all ranks.

The work that was done on PECOC is being included but this may well overtake the PECOC designs so the images shown above of the PECOC trials may well not be the future camouflage.

No decisions yet, no output yet. Watch this and other official spaces.
F**k me...! One Camo for the world? How many patterns of Oak Leaf did the boxheads come up with the 40's?

Sounds a bit like cheap bitach to me....
As I said - it is intended specifically for those troops regularly transitioning from one environment to another. If you were to be operating in a purely desert environment (eg Iraq) or woodland (eg jungle) then you would wear those environment specific camouflages. However, large parts of the world do contain a wide variety of environments and it is trying to match these that is the challenge, rather than expecting soldiers to do changing parades on the edge of the Green Zone. Inevitably a multi-terrain camouflage may be a compromise, however it is better than wearing the wrong cam in the wrong place.
 
#19
Bravo_Bravo said:
Sangreal said:
AS any fule no, there is no black in nature.
There is though a huge amount of tarmac, especially in Urban environments.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads