Digital DPM

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by emptyeye, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not many pics around for future army dress, and in particular, DPM, or you havent got to a FAD presentation yet

Heres what its going to look like. Typical a civvie company can produce it, and yet, its not even issued yet.

Im not saying that this kit is available for issue, just what the digital DPM (British) pattern is going to look like when you do get it

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Where did you get the info that this will be the new issue DPM? On HERRICK recently we were issued Grab Bags in what will be the new style DPM and it was nothing like the pictures you have displayed. The new issue DPM will not be digitised for a start and unfortunately looks like the sort of DPM the armies of Oman or UAE would wear.

3. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

We are NOT going digi DPM!

4. Watch and shoot

5. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

[​IMG]

This is what we are getting, the temperate DPM will be largely like the current, but a bit lighter. All webbing, CBA, etc will be in an in-between shade.

6. A few pointers from a recent meeting with a selection of 'stars'.

- The colour scheme will be lightened, will not contain black and will be designed to be compatible with all terrains - it will not, specifically, be 'desert camouflage'.

- The colour scheme and cut will deliberatley not make us look like the US.

- As of a few (3 or 4) weeks ago there was no decision on whether the pattern would be Splash (the current style of DPM), Pixelated (the current style but with square edges) or Digital (lots of little squares!). It may surprise some but there is little difference in the camouflage capability between the three - this has more to do with the colour.

As long as the Guards remain uninvolved in its genesis I'm sure it will end up as a quality piece of kit.

7. I thought the black was IR resistant? That's what I was told some hmmmm years ago and it was why we had to have our uniforms dry cleaned rather than washed.

8. Can't move for uniforms being dry cleaned.

9. I have seen piccys of digital DPM however it was in a Viper catalouge....the shame

now able to see the posted pics, kinda proves my point.

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Just the job for autumn combat.
    Will the body armour be issued with a white cover and a flowery cover to allow operations in all seasons?

11. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I met some Canadians up at Bisley recently and they all had some weird didi DPM. Nice guys, but looked a bit like a cheap late 70s computer game.

12. Sangreal is largely correct. There are trials going on at the moment to examine a range of colours derived from HERRICK and wider experience. The aim is to produce a multi-terrain camouflage that has utility across a wide range of environments and specifically for those troops transitioning across - eg Green Zone to Desert and back. Initially this is for Op HERRICK only but may become a wider UK camouflage.

A full range of colour options are being examined, devloped both commercially and "in house".

Along with the colours, a range of patterns is being examined. As has been previously stated, pattern makes very little difference to performance so a wide range of options can be considered from the current UK DPM style, to digital to some other suitably "ally" patterns. This process will include gathering a wide range of views from serving personnel across all ranks.

The work that was done on PECOC is being included but this may well overtake the PECOC designs so the images shown above of the PECOC trials may well not be the future camouflage.

No decisions yet, no output yet. Watch this and other official spaces.

13. F**k me...! One Camo for the world? How many patterns of Oak Leaf did the boxheads come up with the 40's?

Sounds a bit like cheap bitach to me....

14. Which DPM are the taliban wearing these days?

15. Arktis did a digicam which looks (in my opinion) a whole lot better than the viper stuff.Have got water proof smock and combat trousers in it.Will post pic of smock later

FFD