Digging WW2 Dan Snow

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by quiller, May 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Made by BBC NI and not shown on the UK mainland, but very interesting stuff.

In the first episode of Dig WW2, historian Dan Snow investigates the history of the Second World War in Northern Ireland, participating in archaeological digs and dives of military sites across the country. He discovers the gripping story of the Northern Irish pilot who became the most successful U-boat hunter of all time. We dive the wreck of the famed U-155 and reveal the essential role that Belfast's Harland and Wolff had in developing the famous Churchill Tank, fundamental to the march of the North Irish Horse to capture Rome. Meanwhile, in Donegal, a major excavation reveals the 70-year-old Spitfire flown by US pilot Bud Wolfe, who was forced to bail out just minutes after leaving RAF Eglington, now City of Derry Airport.

BBC iPlayer - Dig WW2 with Dan Snow: Episode 1

2. Watched myself last night and found it quite fascinating; the programme is helped by being presented by Dan Snow.

3. I wish BFBS would shiow some of these instead of the tons of shit yank so called comedies.

4. I'd like to see Dan Snow digging up the battlefields around Volgograd (Stalingrad) or St. Petersburg (Leningrad) The Russians are digging up German tanks, rifles,and airplanes by the score even to this day. And of course the "Iron Harvest" of WW I shells continues to deliver in Northern France.

5. I'd like to see Dan Snow dig up why he got the plum job in the first place.

6. Aw jeez another Cabana complains about the Yanks post. You'd think his Grandma had been made airtight by some Negro G.I.'s for a choco bar and a pack of Luckys

7. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Come on GB he's right they are still showing ******* freinds over here I'd slit my wrists if I had to watch that shite as well.