Digging tanks out of swamps

Lucky bástards. What a great job/hobby.

Truxx

LE
Still a few things to dig up closer to home if anyone wants to get their hands grubby. There are at least a dozen LVTs in a pond near Peterborough for instance and one arrse member dug a Cromwell I think out of a vineyard on the south coast .

QRK2

LE
Still a few things to dig up closer to home if anyone wants to get their hands grubby. There are at least a dozen LVTs in a pond near Peterborough for instance and one arrse member dug a Cromwell I think out of a vineyard on the south coast .

Covenanter

Covenanter

There's another one upside down on the North York Moors not far from Helmsley.

NSP

LE
I suppose if you massively outgun an opposition armed only with AKs, any armour will be intimidating.
Apparently faced down by highly-manouverable tank destroyers sporting main armament in the simple but effective RPG-7 range.

Apropos of giving @supermatelot a bit more butthurt, the Yemenis had T-34s dug in hull-down as pillboxes on the island at the southern entrance to the Red Sea when we were working down there in the early noughties. Didn't need binos to spot the all-too-distinctive turret shape. Last time I looked you could see them on Google Earth.

Latest Threads