Digging In

I'm getting pissed off with the same old s***, every other weekend we're down on some training area digging latrine or some sort of trench system. When I joined the TA I thought I would be using modern rifles like the SLR instead we're still using the old Lee Enfield.

Anybody else had experience's with old sub standard equipment.

paveway_3 said:
Got to be a WAHHHHHH
honestly there's no other TA unit like it in the country, did you not see the documentary a couple of months ago.

Do you still get paid at 1914 rates?
When are you off to Afghanistan?
Do you think the Taliban will be as averse to a bit of cold steel 'up em' as the Bosch were?

no we model our selves on the Hull pals

abs4253 said:
didn't anyone tell you lot you can't dig on training areas anymore!
we wasn't digging at Strensall you can dig with the relevent pemits and paper work

With a cap badge? Aren't you the lucky one. I once had to dig a shallow grave with my bare hands, at night, in the pouring rain. Mind you, it was a random, spur of the moment killing.

On the plus side she was very attractive and took it in the tradesmans..........eventually.

the_crimp_off said:
With a cap badge? Aren't you the lucky one. I once had to dig a shallow grave with my bare hands, at night, in the pouring rain. Mind you, it was a random, spur of the moment killing.

On the plus side she was very attractive and took it in the tradesmans..........eventually.
Are you a Jacket??? Because i reckon you used a shovel!

Peter_Perfect said:
You should count yourselfs lucky using a Lee Enfield to dig, I had to use my cap badge once. That was while stalins organs where raining down on my fellow SS men
was it 3 PWO SS Leibstandarte by any chance?

One of the Yorkshire regiments that fought under the command of the SS Verfuegungstruppe