Dig my new gun

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Lipo, Mar 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Smith & Wesson Model 29-10 .44 Magnum, nickel plated with 6 1/2" barrel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I had the 8 3/8 629 back in the day untill the police made me get rid of it back in 1988

3. sexy bit of kit

4. Makes me want to cry, missing out on all the fun

5. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Why? why? why?

686 6inch in .357 much more nicely balanced and less homosexual

6. That is a nice looking bit of kit, are you carrying openly, read recently that there is a rapidly growing number of people doing so,just got off skype with sister & brother in law in Wisconsin who carry, the local police did not like it but over ruled by constitution i think !!!

7. Sorry to hear that. I'm hopeful someday the UK will reverse the ban on handguns.

I took the Model 29 to the range this morning for the first time. I only got off three rounds.

I loaded six rounds of Fiocci .44 Magnum JHP, aimed and fired. Incredibly, my 1st shot was a bullseye at the target 25 yards away. I was amazed at the precision of such a large caliber handgun.

I handed the gun to my buddy and he aimed and fired. Also a bullseye.

He handed the gun back to me and I squeezed off another round. This time there was no boom. Only a fizzle and some smoke.

I suspected a squib round and sure enough, on closer inspection, there was a lead round stuck in the barrel.

Thank goodness I was paying attention. I may have narrowly avoided disaster.

8. I had a 4 inch with Pacmyers, loved S&W at one time I Had a 629,686 4inch,66 2/12 inch,and a 745

9. Originally, I thought like you but I wanted the classic look so I was thinking of a S&W Model 27. I just couldn't locate one for sale. Nor even a 686 for that matter.

In any case, I'm glad I bought this gun.

I wish you could see just how smooth and slight the trigger action is. If you even THINK about pulling the trigger in single action, it goes off.

I've wanted a Model 29 since I was a young boy, and I was only a kid when the Dirty Harry series of films were made.

Having that gun is a dream come true.

I'm going to try maybe hunting for feral hogs with it.

10. Can I come

11. Each state and locality has their own rules and regs. I can't openly carry in the State of Florida, but theoretically, I could carry concealed.

I can stow a loaded handgun in my car (and I do). I have a Ruger SP-101 snub nosed 5-shot .357 Magnum under the passenger seat.

Gun control in the United States is now like a third rail in politics. If you touch it, you die.

Even liberal (leftwing) politicians steer clear of any advocacy for gun control.

As a result, some localities have very liberal carry laws for handguns.

12. Thanks for that,going over for 6 weeks this summer, had no problem as a visitor getting a gun permit when they lived in S.Dakota enjoyed the hunting and shooting club.finding that as you say, each state makes its own rules!Wisconsin need proof from god and some of his mates that iam who i say iam,and even then have to undergo some sort of proof firing with ATF officer, presumably to ensure that i can point in the right direction :?

13. That was quite a collection. My other S&W is a Model 327NG 8-shot .357 Magnum. It's basically a large snub nosed revolver. The gun is just large enough that .357 Magnum loads are tolerable.

[​IMG]

Shooting .357 rounds in the Ruger SP-101 is a painful experience.

[​IMG]

14. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

I am merely sick with envy because I had to give up all of mine due to the incompetence of police and the malignance of a public that believed the lies spun by the present government and their media.