Dig in!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Random_Task, Sep 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trenches plan to secure Baghdad

2. That place is rapidly going down the pan, foooking glad i'm not out there!! :roll: :roll:

3. there's enough poor benighted souls who'll dig it for us for the square root of F-all pay. shouldn't take too long!

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Wonder how many bodies they dig up or,on a more serious note,If they'll find any WMD's?
    Dubya KNOWS they're there......

Somewhere.............

5. Why are valuable, British Army lives being wasted on this boad of fückin' lollocks?

MsG

6. They did a very similar 64km barrier around Mosul, which resulted in a drastic downturn in bombings. Doesn't help for small arms though.

NTM

7. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

This gave me a flashback to a patrol of BritCon West west of Nicosia after the war. A company of Paras observed the Green Line from Nicosia Airport westward out to DanCon. They were housed (as were all UNFICYP troops) in a string of bungalows deserted by fleeing Turkish Cypriots during the war.

We patrolled the Green Line in our Ferrets and called into bugalows and watchtowers as required. On one particular occasion I asked the Paras politely if I might use the cludgie rather than pissing in the desert. I passed two posters, evidently done by the platoon artist. One was on the cludgie and stated:

OUR AIM IS TO KEEP THIS TOILET CLEAN
    YOUR AIM WILL HELP

The other was on the wall near the WC and showed planet earth. Somewhere in the Northen hemisphere was a Platoon Sergeant screaming into a slit trench:

"DIG IN! DEEPER!"

and on the opposite side of the world was an entrenching tool breaking the surface.

Well I thought it was funny.