Difficulties with Posting Replies

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Ethel_the_Aardvark, Jan 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have noticed in the last week or so that there is a high failure rate of trying to post replies; particulary when quoting someone. I get about halfway through my witty and amusing reposte before the page freezes and has to auto-recover. I then usually have to re-enter the details, although sometimes I get the option to 'restore auto saved content'. This seems to happen about 50% of the time and on other occasions the site generously allows me to post without any problem.

Has anyone else experinced this 'phenomenon'? Of course, it could be that the inbuilt Drivel Filter is simply making a judgement on the validity of my posts and preventing them from appearing? :spiderman:

2. Nope.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Not something I've had happen to me E_t_A and I can't see any other reports about it.

Probably one for Good CO. What browser are you using?

4. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

PHP:
    Have noticed the same problem,especially prevalent when trying to include quotes, images, links or video into your posts. Arrse freezes and has to be autorecovered, the tab upon which Arrse is featured often closes down for no reason at all, whilst other browser tabs remain unaffected. Mainly seems to occur using IE9, so I generally use Chrome when posting on Arrse.

5. I am using Internet Explorer Version 9.

6. h%*YD((#Yhsdk 8qpw4o5;lkA()&^*&%kj4w4t !!

7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Are people still having this problem? We've been doing a minor upgrade which may be the cause.

8. Some posts are disappearing today, is it mods, or problems with the database?

9. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Which posts?

10. Not mine, but other people's. There was two in one of the current affairs forum, and one in the naafi which just disappeared. Didn't expect a reply to be honest, so didn't get the threads... my bad

11. Yes as described by OP.

12. Hmmmmm. Rockape you say?

13. E-Mail notification of replies seems to have gone kaput. Can't seem to get it back.